Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

K&N /w cool air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Default K&N /w cool air intake?

I have a 96 cady eldorado and have hold off from getting the K&N filter because I wanted to know if there is a cool air intake system I can instal. So far from my research on the net I cant find any made for my model. Is there a cool air system I can install and would it be a worth while increase, if not is the K&N filter alone worth the purchase? Thanks for reading.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Default RE: K&N /w cool air intake?

Hello TheCaddyManCan,
I have posted a similar question, I am thinking about installing the universal K & N type cone filter on my 89 Eldorado. I only hesitate because I am looking for an answer here from the experts as to whether that is a good idea or not.

Enclosed in quotes is what I was sent by a K & N rep. which tells me we are pretty much on our own.

Check back, I am certain our questions will be answered.

All the best,
DavEldorado

"Dear David,

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. Unfortunately, we are unable to recommend a replacement filter for your General Motors full or mid-size passenger car. The vehicle’s air box lid has inconsistencies in the sealing surface which can allow unfiltered air to pass around the filter. The sealing edge of most disposable filters is soft and compressible, and can seal against the air box lid. The sealing edge of a K&N filter is made of a more rigid urethane rubber, and is much less compressible. Even when using a gasket between the filter and air box lid, a perfect airtight seal is not possible.

Some of the vehicles affected by this problem are:

Cadillac Seville 4.6L Northstar engine
Cadillac Deville 4.6L Northstar engine and 4.5L engine
Cadillac Eldorado 4.6L Northstar engine
Oldsmobile Intrigue 3.5L “Shortstar” engine
These vehicles all use the OEM ACDelco air filter #A1096C.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Support department at 1(800)858-3333.

Thanks for writing,"