Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

ELDORADO BLINKER/UNDERDASH WIRING DIAGRAM

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Default Reverse Lamps Do Not Work 2000 Eldorado ESC NO Bose/ No Onstar

I installed an aftermarket head set with a backup camera and maybe ( not too likely) screwed up the car's computer in some manner. I tried to reset the computer by removing, for several minutes, the negative lead from the battery. This had no effect in supplying voltage to the reverse lamps.

Prior to my installing the new headset, I had no problem. I only found that the reverse lamps were not operating when I tried getting the Rear-view Camera that came with the head-set to display an image. In troubleshooting that issue I found that no voltage was getting to the reverse Lamps; hence, no Reverse voltage or trigger was getting to the camera.

I jumped from the PARK/REV 10A fuse in the engine compartment to the reverse lamps and found that the lamps came on. The fuse is good. The MAXI Fuse (or whatever it is called on the Relay center underneath the engine compartment fuse panel) is good. I searched all over for a BACK-UP (REVERSE) RELAY and found nothing.

I continue to try and troubleshoot the issue but I am at a loss as to where to go from here, My question is several-fold

1. Can the computer be responsible for the Neutral Safety Back-up switch to go bad?
1a. It seem everything I read suggests that switch is is at fault; but. it was working fine before I tried the Headset install
1b. I would not think so but thought that I would ask!
1c. If is is bad how can I tell?
2. When I place the transmission shifter into the reverse position, where can I easily check (enroute) 12 vDC going to to the reverse lamps
2a. Whether or not the shifter is placed in the Reverse Position. both sides of the PARK/REV Fuse measures 12 vDC so is there a place wherw 12 vDC is available only when the shifter is in the Reverse position?
3. Is there a Reverse relay somewhere in the back-up lamp wiring diagram that could be the cause of the issue? All I see is a "BATT1" MAXI Fuse (underneath the access to the engine compartment's fuse panel). It has something to do with the reverse lamps or the reverse relay if there is such a thing!
3a. By the way .... I can't seem to find a decent online wiring diagram so if one is available please send me a link.
4. Generally ... what is the most likely cause of no voltage getting to the reverse lamps? If I am barking up the wrong tree in my approach to troubleshooting pleas feel free to say so!

Old 12-29-2017, 09:09 PM
Default Solved

Fuse in the trunk's fuse block Ign 0 Body was blown not only preventing the Reverse lamps from illuminating but also took out the Instrument Cluster, the Power Windows and the Climate Control functions. Put in a new 10 amp fuse and life was good again. I thought that I had checked it but apparently did not.