Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

Changing coolant in 1991 Cadillac Eldorado

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Default Changing coolant in 1991 Cadillac Eldorado

Need a step by step description of changing coolant in 1991 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe and type of coolant recommendations.
Thank you

Old 09-20-2009, 10:27 PM

Pardon my broken finger typos, I;m npot much into doing my own maint., bad back,eyesight, etc. Just bought 1993 Eldo TC a few months ago, have my own probs starting to occur with that beast, beautiful smooth running car so far except for servie engine light on all the time and 9mpg mileage.
Now, Chilton 90-98 caddy repair manual says "use ony high qualtiy 50/50 ethylene glycol antifreeze and water that is safe with an aluminum radiator". GM recommends DEX-COOL and they're being sued for serious engine damge, etc. I assume you're not using if it isn;t orange color., I don't use, just recently had flush done and put in peakantifreeze.com from kragen.com here in Torrance, CA, sounds ok to me, I don;t believe the 150,000 mile hype peak says, sounds same as dex cool, suit says it turns to muddy sludge clogs up everythingh , can't type anymore, if you still want flush details, a few paragraphs, let me know.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by Steve818
Pardon my broken finger typos, I;m npot much into doing my own maint., bad back,eyesight, etc. Just bought 1993 Eldo TC a few months ago, have my own probs starting to occur with that beast, beautiful smooth running car so far except for service engine light on all the time and 9mpg mileage.
Now, Chilton 90-98 caddy repair manual says "use ony high qualtiy 50/50 ethylene glycol antifreeze and water that is safe with an aluminum radiator". GM recommends DEX-COOL and they're being sued for serious engine damge, etc. I assume you're not using if it isn;t orange color., I don't use, just recently had flush done and put in peakantifreeze.com from kragen.com here in Torrance, CA, sounds ok to me, I don;t believe the 150,000 mile hype peak says, sounds same as dex cool, suit says it turns to muddy sludge clogs up everything , can't type anymore, if you still want flush details, a few paragraphs, let me know.

peak antifreeze in the blue bottle works just fine. DISTILLED water is best; tap water is not recommended.

for the SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT, go to our FAQ and learn how to pull CODES .. then post them.

Last edited by stomper; 09-20-2009 at 11:47 PM.