Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

Blowing Fuses 98 Eldorado

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Default Blowing Fuses 98 Eldorado

My 98 Eldorado was involved in an accident in June. Lots of little problems since then but by far the most annoyingis it keeps blowing the fuse for the left side parking lights. It works for a few seconds after inserting the new one, then blows again. I was just trying to get it through inspection and as I pulled up to the station the driver side power window wouldn't work either. The car was hit in the frontdriver side and the entire nose was replaced with a used subframe. I need a starting place tobegin to trace the culprit. Maybe someone with more experience may even know what color wire to look at closely and in what location. Thanks! Miss K

Old 12-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Blowing Fuses 98 Eldorado

Electrical problems after "hard hits" aren't always easy to correct. If insurance paid to fix car left them know, They may direct you to shop and pay for repair. Wire color is brown, circuit does include underhood lamp so unplug it, look for a wiring pinched or rubbing metal in left front. Sometimes wiring will get pinched between headlamp or panel head lamps mount to when they are installed on car. Window - may or maynot be related. How much do you know about working on cars, be honest?

Old 12-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Default RE: Blowing Fuses 98 Eldorado

Thanks for the direction Slowroll! As far as my knowledge of mechanics, I learned to work on cars at the age of 17 (I'm now 52) when my Dad taught me by totally disassembling my 1973 Triumph Spitfire to show me "howthings work". But that was back when you could tune a carb "by ear". Those were many years ago and before cars became rolling computers. I have a good general knowledge,but am not afraid to say when I'm not competent to repair something. I also am not afraid to poke around and see if I can find a culprit and save myself a few bucks. Electrical problems are notorious time consumers which translates into costly at the dealer. Miss GotRocks I'm not! Allstate has cut off paying for repairs, the rotten SOB's, so it's all on me. I appreciate the help Slowroll. I'll check that out!