Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

1999 Cadillac ElDorado turns over not getting any spark, Theft/security light on

Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Default 1999 Cadillac ElDorado turns over not getting any spark, Theft/security light on

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I have a 99 Cadillac Eldorado. Hope to learn alot from the forum. This is my first Cadillac.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:32 AM

hi, i m a new member too, love cadillacs!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by leonardo
Hello all, I am new to the forum. I have a 99 Cadillac Eldorado. Hope to learn alot from the forum. This is my first Cadillac.
welcome to the forum ........... good stuff, a wealth of info for the read, or just ask. hope all is well with the Eldo, and your lovin it. good luck, hope to see ya round
rickyd

whoops.... i see in another post the Eldo doesn't run...... sorry. try and give the forum as you said Codes. does the car turn over at all? I'll keep checking the other post from now on. good luck!!

Last edited by rickyd; 10-29-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Default Eldo

Talked to the mechanic where is now and it does turn over but he says its not getting any spark. Theft/security light still on. Still working on it. Thax

Old 10-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by leonardo
Talked to the mechanic where is now and it does turn over but he says its not getting any spark. Theft/security light still on. Still working on it. Thax
ok, now im wondering if the key is in need of being programed to the car? is it a new key? let me see if slowroll can jump in this one, he'll know. wait...... what year??? 99 ok be back

Last edited by rickyd; 10-30-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Certified Members

Are there any codes stored? To access codes see FAQ section. Do injectors operate/ noid light blink if plugged in to injector connector? Security system can cause no starts also.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Default 99 eldo

Ok, mechanic brought a friend in who works with cadillacs. He was brought in to check key and ignition. He says that key and ignition is good. They tried clearing codes but still no start. I have no idea if these guys know what they are doing. the mechanic said that the code readers they are using is not advanced enough. My suspicion is they dont know, this is why i am debating towing it to the house and following/learning from the info on this forum. The mechanic told me the Body control module was bad the first time but I was suspicious because he told me ignition control module but that costs over $600. So showed him a pic of the part and said it was wrong(good thing I didnt buy it). He described the part to me and found out it was the BCM that he was talking about. I bought a BCM and thats why he brought the cadillac friend to check key and ignition. I am wondering if b/c I changed the bcm that it has to be programed to the key/ignition. On the FAQ on getting the codes, you dont need a code reader right. Im sorry if I sound like novice b/c I am. These cars are so advanced I know I am overhead with this thing. THX

Old 10-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Default 99 eldo

Hey Slowroll, I checked the "pulling GM Diagnostic Codes" thread and it shows all the codes but doesnt show how to get/display the codes. any help for this beginner would be appreciated. Thx in advance.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Certified Members

To access codes press off and passenger temp warmer buttons at same time on a/c control for 3 sec. IP should flash then codes will display. BCM will need to be programmed if replaced-(Dealer).
GM is damn proud of the ignition module, fortunately they don't fail often, and 94-99 are interchangeable. You maybe able to get complete coil and module assembly for under 60.00 at a "Pick and Pull / You Wrench It" type salvage yard. To Diagnose it yourself you need to get Factory Service Manual both books - ebay, used manual outlets, or helm inc.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Certified Members

turn off radio, ac/heater, etc..... turn your key so dash lights all up.........now, you have three buttons,( info- info reset- and on/off ) on right side of speedo.........take and hold the arrow up,( ^ ) on info button, AND the on/off button AT THE SAME TIME. hold untill dash flickers a few times, and your DIC will start asking you what you want to do........PULL ALL CODES. have a recorder with you, or a pencil, and paper. as your codes start listing out you need to note, current, or history...... there you have it
rickyd

the codes run quickly, so it is best to record if there is alot. untill you learn the system, you can go back to what you miss individually..... have fun!! its pretty easy

the on/off button is the same as saying "yes" for commands....... the info button toggle up and down has function also....AFTER you get the hang of it

Last edited by rickyd; 10-31-2009 at 09:21 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 Cadillac ElDorado turns over not getting any spark, Theft/security light on