Service Electrical System

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:03 AM
NSD
Question Service Electrical System

I'm new to this and I am also a relatively new owner of a 2000 DTS with only 28,500 miles. My message center is showing "Service Electrical System" and the "Traction Control" light is also on. This happened a couple of weeks ago. I live in a very small town so took it to the local Ford Service Dept. They later called to say they couldn't find the problem and they would make an appointment at the nearest Cadillac repair shop for me. However, it being a late Friday afternoon it would have to wait until Monday. On my way home I decided to top off the gas tank for the trip to cadillac on Monday. I did not use my car over the weekend for fear of causing further damage. When I started my car on Monday morning the messages were gone. I called the local repair shop and cancelled my appointment. Now after 2 or 3 weeks the message has reappeared. I want to know if I can drive my car this weekend or should I park it until I can get this looked at by a Cadillac repair shop? It seems to be running fine but I don't want to make things worse. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Certified Members

im sure if the car needed to be shut down, no kidding it would tell you. anyway, get the appointment as you can and enjoy your car untill then. if you know how to pull codes, do so and get back to the forum. have a piece of paper with you or a recorder when doing so...
rickyd