Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

window issues - '83 sedan deville

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Default window issues - '83 sedan deville

The big problem is the driver's side rear window, which is stuck in the down position. It used to work but stopped after failing intermittently. What is the whole fix for this? I am willing to buy the parts myself and disassemble the door interior, etc, if not install the thing, I just want to be sure I am ordering all that I need before I attempt it.Should a relative novice even try this? Will I need special tools to deal with putting the door back together?

Secondarily, the front windows, left and right are both kept in the up position because to roll them down makes them fall out of some sort of guide. They pop out a bit and just generally get wonky, although they will move up and down. This must be a different fix, and is less of an emergency as i can lock the car with them up. (I just sweat to death during the hot summer days)

Thanks, I got great advice here last year before installing a refurb engine into the caddy and I ain't giving up on her over some stinking windows.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Default RE: window issues - '83 sedan deville

are the windows electric if so you can take apart the switch and test for a connection between the drivers and all other windows find the broken wires in the doors all door might have same problem the wires break off where they go threw the door
window gides are what you need for other windows

Old 07-26-2007, 03:48 PM

'take apart the switch and test for a connection between the drivers'

does that mean the window regulator? or the switch at the door panel interior.

'when the wires break as they go through the door', does that mean where all the wires enter near the body?

thanks so much for your attention. have a great day.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:56 PM

yes check the switch from window switch to window drive if power wire good thats ok and keep checking all wires
you will most likly find a bad wire

most of the time the wires break at body and door jam

I fix them all day