Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Trunk motor!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Default Trunk motor!

Man I finally got my trunk motor fixed on my deville and it only cost me $50. I checked at autozone and checkers for the motor and they wanted $120 for it. I think $50 bucks was a steal and it works even though I got it from a junkyard. We have one in Phoenix that has nothing but caddis and I just love it. Also got a rear quarterpanel window for $25 there too. What do you guys think about those prices?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Default RE: Trunk motor!

Good deal man.I need the trunk motor myself. The motor runs, but i am guessing that the gears are stripped so it will not pull down the trunk lid. Anyone have any ideas about this or do i just need to suck it up and replace the motor?

Preston

Old 01-04-2008, 04:26 PM

That is how mine started. I tried to mess with the gear and it got stuck open so I had a gap between the trunk and the seals so I had to put towels there just to wash my car. It still closed but it was up. I pulled the whole motor out and looked and the gear was broke so that is why I just got another one.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

I dont see what year model we are looking at, but there is another commonality
out there .. the Lincoln trunk pull-downs in some years were all made by the same
mfg and are identical to some Cadillacs.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:10 PM

I have a 96 deville concours

Old 01-06-2008, 04:01 PM

I have an 84 Sedan deville!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:29 AM

uhhh my motor freezes when its below 38 outside.... advice?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: Lithorian

uhhh my motor freezes when its below 38 outside.... advice?
I run into a similar problem on power locks, the colder it got the worse they got.
I took the panels off to see what was wrong and was facing the replacement of the units .. even when cold, i could see they were trying to work but would not do the job.
I had nothing to lose so the WD40 can came out, and with each shot of WD40 I noticed the units would work a little more so I soaked them with multiple shots as I worked the units.

Today, they work like new. I figured they were gumming up with old grease/grime and the WD40 had a cleansing effect. I inked that procedure to be done once a year to both keep them clean and lubricated.

maybe .. just maybe .. that will help ...

Old 01-15-2008, 09:00 PM

1 can of wd-40 later nothin, i have to pour hot water on the motor to get it move, was thinking about removing the motor and tearing it apart to re lubricate it and tighten it all back up seeing as the houseing uis kinda loose and the grease and parts are about 13 years OLD NOW.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Certified Members

the power locks i eluded to? 4x4 made in '86.

I keep a gallon of parts cleaner for such purposes as removing junked old grease.
the gallon cans come with a basket to dip the parts. hardly any mess this way.

just make sure that the stuff doesnt react with plastic before
you go tossing in rubber and plastic parts.

got mine at Kragens.

Quick Reply: Trunk motor!