Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Some question about a 99 DeVille

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 04:23 AM
Default Some question about a 99 DeVille

Hi !

I have a DeVille 1999 that i buy recently and it have some problem on it.

#1 Charging system :

When i make the first road test with the car i must boost the battery to start them, i run the car for about 10/15 minutes and when i come back , for fun, i stop the car and restsrt it with succes ! I just thing the the battery need to be replaced.

After that i buy them the alternator won't charge, i replace it and when i start the car it don't want to charge immadiatly... after few second of running it start to charge normally. I stay the car running for maybe 15 minutes without any problems...

My question is : It is possible that it have a external controller or something like that ?

#2 Radio, windows and roof light don't work.

When i buy it the owner try to change the radio (without succes) when i buy it i replace the original radio and the little light work but the radio did not work, the power windows did not work too and the roof light don't look to work too.

I talk with someone that he say that probably a link fuse under the dash was shorted when he try to change the radio.

It is possible that this 3 accessory work on the same "link fuse" ?

Thanks !