Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

she floats like a butterfly...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Muscle Car in a Tuxedo

I think a Northstar under your hood would seal the deal.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Certified Members

music to my hears...............!!!!
ORIGINAL: Stealth

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

Is there any better sound than 32 valves and 4 cams, dual exhausts at WOT?
you did ask ...

a dual flowmaster set up, on large pipes behind a 5.0 running through a manual 5 gear at WOT,
revving to 5,500 - 6,000 rpm ! ! !

may i suggest you bite down on a towel to protect your teeth from shattering...

Old 09-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Certified Members

140mph - across the top of New Mexico - highway 64 - I let the Carrera 4S go first (he had a radar detector)...

and there was more - but I won't push it higher than that on a highway - maybe a track...

Old 09-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

You pone...........not sure what that means but my teenagers say it when somebody does something really cool.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM

Had some more fun with the Deville today.
I was curiousabout my fuel efficiency on the hwy. I heard numbers of 27-28 MPG on the hwy, but I haven't had an opportunity to take my Deville on a long road trip yet.

So today I thought I would perform a quick test.
On a long open stretch of hwycoming home from work,
I set the cruise control to 70 mph. Then I reset my MPG display.
To my surprise I was averaging over 31MPG at 70 mph! This remained solid on the display, no jumping around.
Then I increased my speed to about 75mph and it dropped down to about 27 MPG.
But still, this is excellent for a V8!
I know this is probably old news to some, but I'm really impressed!

Would love to hear reports from others on this.

-jasper

Old 09-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

I've seen 67 mpg on the highway for short stretches........on downhill grades! Generally average 24 mpg at cruising speed though but you can easily see 30+ in good conditions.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:15 AM

I usually try a top speed run on all of my cars... Out of curiosity I guess. Or maybe its the thrill of speed. Before my DTS, I had a Mercedes ML430 which was a money pit... Anyways, that truck hit 120 easy, and topped out at 130. My DTS is faster. It will run 110- 120 mph effortlessly and the speed governor kicks in at 130 mph. Its amazing that the car was still pulling at 130 mph. I really need to get that speed limiter raised!!!

Last month, I was coming home from my fiancee's house late one night, and had the cruise set on 75 mph. I saw a crotch rocket motorcycle fly past me going at least 100 mph. Well, I decided to test out all 32 valves under my hood so I stomped the gas pedal all the way to the floor. I caught him quick, at which point he looked over at me and gave me a "thumbs up". We slowed to about 80 mph, and he jumped behind me.

I was watching him in my rear view mirror, waiting for him to hit the gas. While watching him, I saw the front of his bike lift up a few inches, and I knew he had just hit the throttle! I buried my pedal in the carpet and I started inching AWAY from him very slowly. By about 115 mph, I had a good 1 1/2 car lengths on him. I looked at my digital dash and saw 123 mph! By this time, he started to catch up to me very slowly. Suddenly I felt a shudder and a jerk inside my Caddy... It was the damn speed limiter!!! At 130 mph he front tire was right next to my rear tire. He kept pulling past 130 mph, and I had to shut it down. I am ABSOLUTELY CONFIDENT that if I had the speed limiter removed, I would have shocked that biker boy. Imagine the look on his face when a two ton Cadillac ran his rocket bike to its limit!!! What a surprise indeed!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:59 AM

It's something addictive about the ride, but I don't push her too hard. I routinely hit 80 mph in my Deville. Which is not too much over the limit, since the speed limit is 70 mph where I live.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: jasper60103

Had some more fun with the Deville today.
I was curiousabout my fuel efficiency on the hwy. I heard numbers of 27-28 MPG on the hwy, but I haven't had an opportunity to take my Deville on a long road trip yet.

So today I thought I would perform a quick test.
On a long open stretch of hwycoming home from work,
I set the cruise control to 70 mph. Then I reset my MPG display.
To my surprise I was averaging over 31MPG at 70 mph! This remained solid on the display, no jumping around.
Then I increased my speed to about 75mph and it dropped down to about 27 MPG.
But still, this is excellent for a V8!
I know this is probably old news to some, but I'm really impressed!

Would love to hear reports from others on this.

-jasper
I've got a 2000 Deville and I get 25-26 MPG at speeds between 70-80 MPH on the interstate. Makes me happy.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:57 PM

Actually I take back what I posted above. On Sunday I went out of town to visit a friend and it was a 2 hour round trip on the interstate. I reset the MPG meter once I goton the interstae.WhenI got back from the trip I averaged 29.9 MPG going about 70-85MPH the whole time. Not bad at all, a V8 that gets 30MPG on the interstate.

Quick Reply: she floats like a butterfly...