Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

removing door panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Default removing door panel

recently bought my wife a 1996 cadillac deville. heres my questions since I never messed with caddis before.
1) can someone explain how to remove the door panel to remove the front speakers
2) the front is it speakers or tweeters
Thats all i need cuz right now my girl only got the rear speakers working so she wants the front to.thanks 4 the help

Old 12-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: removing door panel

Hey lolo: The door panel removal is best performed with a removal tool. They don't cost a whole bunch and it makes it possible to reuse the nylon grommets that hold the panel on. The tool is thin and slide it in between the metal and the door panel, place it right behind the grommet and pry the panel out. The grommet will pop out of it's little hole and then you move around the door panel and do them all.( probable 8-12) The grommets generally twist into the door panel backing so make sure they are all in solid before replacing the panel. When replacing just give them a good bump with the flat of your hand and they will pop back in to the holes. I usually have a spare pakage of the grommets handy before I start because they do tend to break occasionally. Yes it is a speaker that is in the door, if a tweeter is present it will be incorporated into the speaker design. Make sure you seal around the speaker so no moisture can enter the enclosure. Good luck man and enjoy your ride.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Default RE: removing door panel

yeah on my towncar i remove those plastic things but its soo easy . i just use a flat head and my hands. i guess i need the tool for caddi's. is there pictures anywhere of this procedure?