Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

problems with the 93

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:55 PM
EZ
Default problems with the 93

hey i have a 93 Sedan Deville and lately it has had an intermintent problem. i could be driving down the highway or stopping at a stop sign and for no apparent reason the electric will glitch. when it glitches the aftermarket radio restarts, the headlights flicker, i loose all my instraments (digital dash), sometimes it will make the engine stumble or every now and again it will kill the engine. but if i turn the key off and try to restart it, it fires right up. sometimes when the power glitches it will mess up the speedo. the other day i had the cruise set at 72 when it did it, and suddenly im doing "85". but again if i shut it off and restart it, everything is fine. i've had the car since nov. of '04 and when i bought it i put in a car audio system and an after market car alarm. never had any problems till a couple of months ago. any one got any ideas???

Old 11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: problems with the 93

Check connections at battery, poor grounds both sides of core support and at block near starter, and check for codes and post them E and F.