Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Keyless entry.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default Keyless entry.

Another off the wall question i have, is how can i tell if my car has keyless entry? For example say the first owner lost the remote and as time went on and the car had been sold through the years would i be able to figure out how i can check for any thing on the car that would show me it has keless entry? I have seen some of the 1990-1993 devilles with this option.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Keyless entry.

http://www.keylessride.com

This link suggests that if you put in your VIN they will tell you for free. Let us know what you find out.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Certified Members

Thats the craziest thing i have seen,it shows me a pic of the DLC (Data Link Connector) and says that if there is a pin in a certain spot that it was equiped with keyless entry. so i checked and found the pin and i am taking it that they're right. but i will never know unless i buy the remote wich is the manufactred remote for cadillac which is $80 through them not sure if that also includes shippingand $140 through the dealer ship. Here is the remote, it also includes instructions for programing.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html

This link tells you how to program the fobs I believe. You can get them on eBay for under $10.
Have a look........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...01324871QQrdZ1

Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Default RE: Programming Keyless entry.

I recently recieved a 93 Deville threw my family. Remotes where lost but the dealership near buys can sell me a new one. But won't tell me how to program it. Does anyone know if it can be done without the dealership doing it.
Thanks

Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 AM

• Keylessride.com have after market remotes or our choice of online retailers, or you can go to your local junk yard and look in a few cars for a couple like i did.

Note:
    Before starting this procedure, BOTH transmitters must be present. Failure to use both transmitters will render the RKE system inoperative.(If the customer uses only one transmitter on the vehicle, use this transmitter as transmitter 1 and 2; which is not the normal situation). The entire reprogramming sequence must be completed within 30 seconds of grounding the reprogramming connector [Step 1 and 2 below]. If the procedure is not completed, remove the ground at the connector and restart the procedure from step [1] one.
  1. Reprogramming Transmitter
  2. Ignition ON.
  3. Ground black single wire connector located at trunk pull down unit.
  4. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock [a few seconds]
  5. Press the UNLOCK button on the first transmitter twice. Pause for one second between presses.
  6. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock. [a couple of seconds]
  7. Press the UNLOCK button on the second transmitter twice. Pause for one second between presses.
  8. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock. About two seconds.
  9. Remove ground from black connector.
After procedure, check to see if both transmitters operate the door locks. Repeat programming procedure or replace transmitters as necessary.

For more info on what remote works with your car and the serial numbers used for remotes 1 and 2 use this link
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cad94rke.html

Last edited by 92SevilleSTS; 01-10-2013 at 01:31 AM. Reason: information pasted to page did not come out correct