Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Heating Problems in '88 deville

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Default Heating Problems in '88 deville

Hey guys,
thanks again for the help you gave me on the stuttering on the engine, but I'm having another problem now. I've been up at school and it's been pretty cold, and I'm guessing the window seals need replacement as i'm getting moisture inside, but the real problem is that my defrost isn't seeming to have any power anymore. Once the car is going, warm air blows by the feet, but I can barely get any blowing power out of the defrost unit and I wasn't sure where to start with figuring out whats going on. I tried checking for solenoids for the heating system, or vacuum lines, but haven't gotten anywhere, so I figured I turn to you guys and see what others thought.

Thanks for any help,

mingom

Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Heating Problems in '88 deville

Hey there ming: It sounds like the defrost door is stuck or the defrost vacuum motor is not functioning, did I say not ****tioning?? That could also mean that the vacuum delay to the defrost vacuum motor is gone south. These components require input from the ECC programmer so it is kind of a crap shoot until you do some headhunting. Check for crimped Vac lines first then go to vac motor function, then to indash things like defrost door. Lastly maybe you need ECC unit.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Heating Problems in '88 deville

Check the carpet under the r/front seat area for dampness. If wet, then heater core possibly leaking or A/C drain is plugged up. That would account for moisture on inside of glass.