Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Concours Deville Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Default Concours Deville Problem

I have a 1994 Concours Deville, on which I just had the tranny completely rebuilt last July, and now the car is having the same issues as before. Cruising at speeds around 25mph and 40mph, when I touch the gas the car jerks pretty violently like the trans isnt engaging properly. Last time I had this issue, the tranny went out in about 2 weeks, but when I took it back to the place that rebuilt the trans (which is still under warranty) they told me it was fine and the issue must be, as they put it, "engine related." Anyone have any ideas? They offered to look at it further and give it a tune up to make sure that wasnt a problem, but I am weary that they are just trying to get more money out of me. Thanks for any help!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Concours Deville Problem

does it do it at higher speeds? and does it do it if you low on gas. mine did something like that but ihad a fuel pump going out and if i was low on gas it would jerk and spit and sputter. try to descibe more details like if it only does it after its warmed up oronly in town etc. good luck

Old 01-10-2007, 11:48 PM

I had a similar issue with my '96 after I bought it a couple of months ago. The symptoms were that when I was accelerating or there was a load on the engine it start this jerky kind of thing. When I got on the highway and got it up to 70mph it drove and felt great. The previous owner had the tranny rebuilt about 8 months ago at a Cadillac dealer and I had the paper work to prove it. So I figured it had to be tune up related. I changed the spark plugs, pcv valve, and fuel filter and the problem went away. The plugs were the problem. They were burnt down to a nub.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:05 PM

The problem happens regardless of fuel level or length of time the car has been running. Someone elses suggested I replace the plugs and pcv also, so I'll try that first and post later with results. Thanks for the replies!!!