Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Alternator parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Default Alternator parts

ok so i had a local supplier i used to go to for rebuilding my alternators, and they closed down on me, so i was able to get my hardware through my buddy who owns a store, but he cant get the bearings for it, i need new bearings for my alternator, any one know of any sppliers? all i need is the front and rear bearings for the alternator for my 4.9L non heated windshield

Old 02-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Default RE: Alternator parts

Hi Lithorian, I see you found out the bearings in these alternators are a weak spot. I have had to change mine twice in the last few years, the last set I got were high temp bearings so it will be interesting to see how long they last. Unfortunately I can not remember the part numbers for them so I'm not much help but, if you look in the phone book for one of the bigger bearing distributers near you and take one of your bearings to them they will be able to match you up without much difficulty. When you do get them, post the part number and type here for the benifit of others and I will do the same next time I have mine apart........but hopefully that never happens with these high temp ones.