Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

96 Sedan DeVile - Level Ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Default 96 Sedan DeVile - Level Ride

Well I still continue with this issue. RS0030(current) code. I believe the compressor is what I hear about 20sec after turning the car on or just to the run but not start position. Question 1- Should I be able to hear the exhaust letting air out if the rear is to high even tho I have'nt moved the car? I took a drive down the highway last night, but before I got on the ramp I stopped, shut the car off then on and took off. The sevice ride control never came on again and floated like a butter fly. When I got off the HW and came to a stop, about 20sec later on came the service ride control and back to a brick ride. I repeated the sequence again on the return and same thing, butter fly, stop then brick, only this time I pulled the same code only it said history not current. I cleared the code and did a short drive around town, came to a light and bingo there it is again, this time it's current. I got under the rear today and cleaned all the connectors for the L+R height sensors. I decided to keep the connectors for the rear disconnected to see what codes will show and got I believe rs0062, rs0064. Reconnected those then the battery, cleared those. Started it, heard the compr. kick in, for a short, the there's the message again. Someone said that the code meant "short/open solenoid",,,, but where's the solenoid. My car sat for 2yrs, only to back it up and down the driveway, it did'nt have this problem prior to that if that's any help. I wish someone could pull a rabbit out of there hat on this one. Thanks in advance. By the way, I"ve put up with this for a year already....bummer.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by jmk2938
Well I still continue with this issue. RS0030(current) code. I believe the compressor is what I hear about 20sec after turning the car on or just to the run but not start position. Question 1- Should I be able to hear the exhaust letting air out if the rear is to high even tho I have'nt moved the car? I took a drive down the highway last night, but before I got on the ramp I stopped, shut the car off then on and took off. The sevice ride control never came on again and floated like a butter fly. When I got off the HW and came to a stop, about 20sec later on came the service ride control and back to a brick ride. I repeated the sequence again on the return and same thing, butter fly, stop then brick, only this time I pulled the same code only it said history not current. I cleared the code and did a short drive around town, came to a light and bingo there it is again, this time it's current. I got under the rear today and cleaned all the connectors for the L+R height sensors. I decided to keep the connectors for the rear disconnected to see what codes will show and got I believe rs0062, rs0064. Reconnected those then the battery, cleared those. Started it, heard the compr. kick in, for a short, the there's the message again. Someone said that the code meant "short/open solenoid",,,, but where's the solenoid. My car sat for 2yrs, only to back it up and down the driveway, it did'nt have this problem prior to that if that's any help. I wish someone could pull a rabbit out of there hat on this one. Thanks in advance. By the way, I"ve put up with this for a year already....bummer.

90% chance of being connector issue: oxide, wire damage, etc. clean, apply di-electric grease.

i hope you are really disconnecting the battery for this as this can be a major chance of e-shorting a blowing some silicone components.

I believe the solenoid is located INSIDE the strut .. many cars share that design.

Last edited by stomper; 03-15-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:06 AM

I always disconnect the neg of the battery. I took a resistance check for the rears and both were identicle, the next nice day (shortly I hope) I'll check the fronts.