Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

94 Deville Concours Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Cool 94 Deville Concours Questions

I have a 1994 Cadillac Deville Concours that I've been driving for 7 years. It now has close to 190k miles on it and still runs great. I just have a few questions that I wanted to try to get sorted out.

1)When I turn left at high way speeds it makes a moaning sound. It gets worse the faster you go and only happens when I turn left. It isn't the tire rubbing on anything and my mechanic is clueless as to what it is. Any ideas?

2)Just recently when I try to use the "auto" button for the climate control in the car it gives me a message "low refrigerant" "ac compressor off". I checked the refrigerant with a gauge and it is fine. So I don't know what is really wrong with that.

3)I used to get good gas mileage and it would display that I am getting 22 MPG. Now it is about 17.7 MPG. My driving habits have not changed. I know the car has high mileage, but is there anything I can do to regain my mileage? I have changed the air filter, fuel filter and plugs and wires. I was thinking about trying some Sea Foam in the Intake, Gas Tank, and Oil since I had great success with that in another car of mine. I am just a little afraid to use it on this car because of the high miles. I don't want to free up any carbon that might be preventing leaks. What do you guys think?

Thank you very much for your time and answers. I love my caddy and want to keep it on the road for many more miles.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Certified Members

1) wheel bearing
2) take to rad shop, have ac charged, and coolant changed, (not flushed)
3) as we as humans get older it takes more of what we got to get goin.... same thing. alot may have to do with your weather conditions too. my N* doesnt do as good in winter as when it summer.

hope it helps..... have you checked into MEMBER INTRO YET???

rickyd

Old 03-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Certified Members

1: Also say a wheel bearing
2: If the refrigerant in the system is full, you prolly have a bad pressure sensor.
3: What he said... You really can't expect a vehicle to continue to get the same mileage once it gets up there in miles without a major overhaul/rebuild to get it back to OE specs. Then again, the fuel we have to deal with these days has waaaay more ethanol in it than it should, which decreases fuel mileage per gal, especially on older vehicles that were never designed to use an ethanol fuel....

Old 03-04-2010, 07:21 PM

Ok, so since it makes the noise when I turn left and the noise is coming from the left, that means the left bearing is bad? Might sound dumb but I need to know haha.