Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

94 deville

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:46 AM
Default 94 deville

I just bought a 94 sedan deville and I am wondering what I need to look out for with problems. it already says to service ride control. Can anyone tell me where I can find the drivers side rear upper side marker light cover. Its got a partial vinyl top and right behind the back door on the drivers side it missing the white cover. I was told when I got the car that it was hard to find. Just wanted to see if anyone knows where I can get one .

Old 01-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Default RE: 94 deville

Ok, your service ride control messege has something to do with your active suspension. You may have a bad sensor ($400), a bad shock (1,000), or a faulty wire. Most people replace these suspension systems with a better passive system that is much cheaper. Deville's aren't hard to come by its Cadillac's best selling model.What kind of miles you have on it? Remember this is a 13 year old car so you will have to invest some money in it.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:18 AM

Sorry it took me soo long to reply I plan on checking the board more often, To answer your question it has 133K on it. I have another question I am losing antifreeze and had the thermostat replaced. I figured that might be the start of the problem. Are the waterpumps a problem with the 4.9 cause I just traded my 89 and just had the water pump replaced in it. I was told that they had problems with the waterpumps going out on the 4.5's. I also had the system pressure checked and it seemed to be fine dont think its a blown headgasket. There is a weird sweet smell coming from the Radiator kind of like Liquorish. Has anyone heard of that before.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:48 PM

Well they found out that the waterpump was definatly bad.I am getting it fixed where I bought the car, they should be done with it tomorrow. thanks for the info

Old 01-23-2007, 08:08 PM

Yea, the water pump is a common issue on that motor, better than the head gasket on my northstar. Good luck with the car

Old 01-24-2007, 01:44 AM

Thank's you too. I was looking at a 96 with the northstar engine. I like the power of yours better. But my car will do its faster than my 89 with the 4.5 155hp engine. I dont care too much about the speed anymore just want somthing I can fix up to look nice and clean.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:31 PM

There also going to flush out my heater core its no getting very hot when I turn the heat on the auto feature. I told them I had an 89 and my heat worked better than this so there taking care of that too .