Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

03 DTS Navigation error (Please HELP!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Default 03 DTS Navigation error (Please HELP!)

Hey all, I'm pretty new to the board, just picked up my new (to me) DTS , got it off ebay. Anyhow, it came with a navigation system, when we got the car the battery was dead, (had it hauled from Texas to North Dakota. Anyhow boosted it, and everything runs well, except the navigation system, it didnt work at all, after i pulled the fuse and put it back in the system came on and the message:

Caution
Cannot load system software
disk type incorrect
Please insert correct disk

The face plate wont close either, and it doesnt power down when you shut off the car???????? Guess i know why the battery was dead

Anyone have any ideas?

Please help, am freaked that i might have bought a lemon or something

thanks all
prarieboy

Old 04-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Default RE: 03 DTS Navigation error (Please HELP!)

I belong to another forum I will post the link http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...urity-systems/ I hope this helps.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:21 AM

I am having the exact problem on my 02 seville. Did u ever figure this out? Please let me know thanks.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 AM

I did a search and found this:: LET US KNOW IF IT HELPS, thanks

02pearlSTS
Hello, I'm a newbie here. Let me tell you a little about my car than my problem. I have an 02 Seville STS with about 81,500 miles and loaded, including navigation. About a week ago, my battery went dead and a bunch of things went funny. My service left system and service tire monitor popped up along with my navigation going blank. I charged the batteryand everything went away except for the navigation was still messed up. It wasn't blank anymore but it tilted itself and said this: "Caution! Cannot load system software. Please insert correct disc." Or something along those lines. I could not do anything to it, no buttons would work. Also, when I would shut the car off it would stay on, the only way I could make it not run my battery down is pull the fuse. There is also no sound whatsoever. There is no chimes, dingers or what have you.

I pulled a few codes and this is what I got: AMP U1000 and NO IRC DATA. I took it to the dealer and they said I need a new navigation, go figure. I was looking through my service manual at some of the TSB's and it looks like theres one there. They say that it needs a software disc and they gave the part number. I put the part number in GMpartsdirect.com and ordered it, but it hasn't come yet.

Has this happened to anyone before? Do you think I'm going on the right track buying that disc? Also, could a bad amp be causing this? I checked all my fuses and they are ok. Thanks for any help in advance!

-------------------

thetruerebel
Bulletin No.: 02-08-44-015B
Date: May 23, 2006
TECHNICALSubject:
Blank Navigation Screen, Intermittent Door Chime or Map Display Cannot Zoom in Closer Than 16 Miles in Some Areas (Update AVN Software)
Models:
2002-2005 Cadillac DeVille
2002-2004 Cadillac Seville

with Advanced Vehicle Navigation System (RPOs U3R [DeVille] and U3Q [Seville])
Supercede:
This bulletin is being updated with new ordering information for AVN software update discs. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-08-44-015A (Section 08 - Body & Accessories).
Condition
Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:

^
The Advanced Vehicle Navigation (AVN) system screen may be blank.

^
The door chime may sound intermittently.

^
The AVN system map display cannot zoom in closer than 16 miles in some areas.Important: The software is updated using a disc, NOT through SPS reprogramming.
Important: This software update is for radio P/Ns 25734875, 25743430, 25744040, 25755059 and 25764007 ONLY.

Technicians are to update the AVN system software using an update disc, P/N 19115256. To perform the update, follow the instructions given in the booklet that is included with the disc. Do not turn the ignition switch off during the software update.
Parts Information
GM dealers must order advanced vehicle navigation (AVN) software update discs from the GM Navigation Disc Center. These discs will no longer be available from GMSPO.
To obtain an AVN software update disc, contact the GM Navigation Disc Center.
The parts listed below are for updating the navigation radio software only. They do not update or replace the navigation map disc that is supplied with the vehicle. Please order this part only as needed. There is a very limited supply of these discs available. Do not order this part for stock. This disc can be used to reprogram more than one vehicle.
The first update disc for each P/N is free. Subsequent copies of the same P/N for the same dealer will cost $50.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 PM

Hello, i have the same problem and need a cd copy or download if you can, please. Battery died, i have the cd but it doesn't work. I tried to make a copy of it and it says its corrupt . Can you help me out and send me a download sergeygirich@yahoo.com

Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM

Hello everyone, I have a similar problem and also believe i need to use the cd P/N 19115256. The dealer tells me that the part number is discontinued and unavailable. Does anyone know where i could find a copy of this software

Old 11-18-2010, 09:43 AM

i have same problem too :-s if anyone had some idea to help me :-s plz send it to kayv.1stms@yahoo.com plz

Old 01-14-2020, 02:50 PM
Unhappy 2003 sts nav help

25744040 display ran out of battery. Desperately searching for this file or CD if anyone can help

Thanks