Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Rat Attack on my 2007 cts

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Default Rat Attack on my 2007 cts

I had to remove the plastic intake cover so that i could replace my air filter and noticed that right thru the center hole of the intake manifold i could see that the wire of a sensor was bare, the dealer says that its a rat that eat the rubber off the wire and that its common and not covered. Of course i let the service manger have it, every thing from no wonder GM is going belly up to if i knew rats were attracted to caddies I would have never bought one, to me it looks like the rubber just degradded by heat.. I ordered the manual so i can determine what sensore it is, so as i can call the 800 and complain to Caddillac.
Has any one had this problem?

Old 05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Certified Members

it is not uncommon for critters of any kind to seek warmth and shelter, and climb into an engine compartment. be true, i dont think you have a leg to stand on.
i have seen critters chew into a wire harness. you think you have a problem??
good luck..... oh, put a mouse trap in there....lol just jokin
rickyd

Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM

I had a squirrel build a nest under the hood of my 1999 F-250 when it sat outside my house for 3 days. It chewed up hoses and wires. I had to park it at a friends house for a week because the vermin came back and started again after I got it fixed! It is certainly not out of the question.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by thetinhorn
I had to remove the plastic intake cover so that i could replace my air filter and noticed that right thru the center hole of the intake manifold i could see that the wire of a sensor was bare, the dealer says that its a rat that eat the rubber off the wire and that its common and not covered. Of course i let the service manger have it, every thing from no wonder GM is going belly up to if i knew rats were attracted to caddies I would have never bought one, to me it looks like the rubber just degradded by heat.. I ordered the manual so i can determine what sensore it is, so as i can call the 800 and complain to Caddillac.
Has any one had this problem?

ohhh common .. of all the choice vinyl coated wires that are easy to get to, a mouse choose that one?
It is easy, REALLY EASY, to tell .. mouse s h i t where they eat !
No s h i t, no mice ...

Old 05-13-2009, 10:24 PM

Exactley what i told the service rep--NO mice **** or ****
I have ordered the manual so i can determine what sensor it is...does any one here have a clue?? thanks

P/S i was so pissed at the dealer i forgot to ask...LOL

3.6--V6

Old 05-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Certified Members

it may not have been a mouse, though a critter of sorts. doesnt matter...... mouse, moose, woodchuck, or groundhog.... doesnt matter, it was chewed! correct?
rickyd