Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Instability over bumps/rough road

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Default Instability over bumps/rough road

I just picked up an 05 CTS (pics to come when I reach 5 posts). It's got mileage on it, and the tech mentioned that it looks like a lot of stuff is original (brakes, struts/shocks, etc). Anyway car for the most part drive great, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. But I noticed that the car seems to be a bit instable over rough patches of freeway.

Sometimes it feels like it wants to go sideways over larger rough patches, and I have had the TC warning flash on the screen several times when this happened. The car is currently riding on some off-brand Federal Super Steel tires. And overall the car does seem a bit on the bouncy side

I'm thinking either the tires are way too hard or the struts or shocks are more or less done. Any recommendations for tires and struts for this vehicle. I usually go BFGoodrich and Monroe for my tire and strut needs, but I just wanted to see what other CTS owners typically put on their vehicles.

Thanks