Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Better mid-range power than anything else?

Old 12-15-2006, 01:33 AM
Default Better mid-range power than anything else?

Ok last new post-I had been searching and reading about the CTS all day today. I literally got this car out of the blue today from parents and had known nothing about these cars so I am playing catch up. What I have noticed is standing accel is pretty quick but nothing neck snapping-however the midrange power at about 60mph-100 feels very strong for the engine it has. Comparable or better to faster cars out there that are quicker off the gun and have more power overall. Is this a known thing about these 3.6L engines? Their midrange power? I found it fun on the highway today thats forsure!

Old 12-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Default RE: Better mid-range power than anything else?

Yeah, the VVT Variable Valve Timing is the reason for the mid range power, which is more important for total speed anyways, because if someone out accels you, by the time they are doing 80 you will probably pushing 100. If you want to go faster off the line, switch it to manual on the hydromatic shifter, put it in first, hold the brake firmly and press the gas until your RPM Line is holding about about 3,000 RPM's then launch the **** out of it, make sure traction control is off. I haven't lost off the line yet doing that and I beat a 91 corvette from a rolling start on the interstate, so mid range power does help.. If you need any technical advice on the car, let me know