Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Adding NAV to CTS - States cannot read maps in China!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Default Adding NAV to CTS - States cannot read maps in China!

Hello All,
I bought a NAV system (off Ebay, i know) and installed the unit according to the wonderful directions posted on this forum. The unit went into a new 06 CTS. However, it will not give me the XM radio choice (the vehicle has XM), the Onstar doesn't work and the unit says it cannot read DVD maps in China! The time stamp is also giving me the time in China, from the time set from GPS.
Yes, it seems this unit was built for overseas use or something.

I brought the unit to the dealer and they tried resetting the codes and had no luck. Has anyone ever seen this issue? Or better yet, know of a fix?

Many thanks!

Ronbo

Old 12-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Default RE: Adding NAV to CTS - States cannot read maps in China!

Hey there,
Let me get this right. You bought a radio off of E bay and are trying to get it to work in your car? Ok if so, you have a problem. When your car was built, there is a test in the assembly plant that sets the radio for what ever option the car calls for i,e country, content etc. I'm really surprised the radio even works because each radio learns the vin number of that car it is in. There are a few things you can try. If I were you I would first go to my dealer and ask for a technican that knows he's way around the tool they use to plug into the cars computer system. Have him go into the specical functions menu and try to change the country code setting. This may take some playing around if he has never done this before. If everything fails then you can call me at my work 517-885-7483 and ask for Bill. Be inside you car when you call, I can walk you through a way to set this stuff right on the radio. I work from 7am to 5pm eastern time.

Good Luck