Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

? about 2004/5 CTS-V Nav Systems/Disc Changer

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Default ? about 2004/5 CTS-V Nav Systems/Disc Changer

I am in the market for 04/05 CTS-V from a dealer. I was going to buy one yesterday (I drove three hours to pick it up!!!) but was disappointed with its condition when I got there and the salesmen were jerking me around so I left.

Anyhow, I'm confident I will eventually find one that I want, but I have two questions:

1. Is the disc changer able/supposed to be able to play Mp3 CDs or just regular CDs?

2. Does the DVD player that the navigation DVD goes in play video movies as well? And if so, will it play them off of DVD-R etc?

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:44 PM

According to my 05 owners manual, the DVD slot will play movie DVD's as long as the car is in park for automatic or parking brake is on for manual. I have not tried it yet, tho. The CD player plays CDR's so I guess the DVDR's should work also. But again I have not tried it yet.
Good luck with your search. I love my 05.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Matth3w
I am in the market for 04/05 CTS-V from a dealer. I was going to buy one yesterday (I drove three hours to pick it up!!!) but was disappointed with its condition when I got there and the salesmen were jerking me around so I left.

Anyhow, I'm confident I will eventually find one that I want, but I have two questions:

1. Is the disc changer able/supposed to be able to play Mp3 CDs or just regular CDs?

2. Does the DVD player that the navigation DVD goes in play video movies as well? And if so, will it play them off of DVD-R etc?

Thanks for your help.
I do not have an answer to your question on the disks, but a bit of advice on the buy.
Get a CARFAX before you even drive over to look at a car - at least that far away.
The bonus is that these days, a CARFAX may show major maint/service done by dealers.

CTS-V .. I AM jealous ...
buy a nice one, POST lots of pictures, keep it forever, keep it as close to stock as possible .. someday you will be glad .. it will be the muscle car to have owned in this era of supercars.