Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

2008 CTS with Steering Wheel shake

Old 04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Default RE: 2008 CTS with Steering Wheel shake

4/22/2008 Update: Replaced Steering Rack with upgraded one, Engineer was out here for 3 days. Re-balanced tires for the 10th time. Suprise....Still cant fix, still shakes. I have a great dealer that has escalated and is working with me to get a new car. This is a known problem with this package. I have more details if anyone wants them.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:13 PM

could anyone send what I may need to tell my dealer as far as a service fix for this issue? I purchased a cts three weeks ago and have had this problem since day one, I hoped it would go away. The wife drove the car today to work and she noticed it as well (I know now I am not just crazy). Anything could help. I would like to be able to resolve this as quick as possible. Regards.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:26 PM

I noticed a light vibration on my 08 CTS, and it is usually as the tires are getting hot as I get on the highway very quickly. Has there been any other follow up from Detroit on this? Which suspension is being refered to? More info would be helpful...

Old 09-21-2008, 11:31 PM

The steering wheel shake is a problem and your not imagining it. In the end after months of trial and error, new tires and rims, steering racks, steering columns, etc. I went ahead and got a lemon law attorney. they don't cost anything and get paid by GM by the way. In the end, i got my money back and turned the car in. I now have a lexus GS and guess what....they make a car that doesnt shake.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:12 PM

I did not have this problem... my 2008 CTS runs great.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 PM

consider yourself lucky.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:34 PM

Hey Chris_Vegas...I'd certainly be interested in more details. I bought my 08 CTS in late Feb and it's had a steering wheel vibration at around 60mph from Day 1. I've waited for these first 15K miles to see if it would correct itself, but to no avail. Another CTS site hosts several other owners with the same problem. Perhaps I may have to go the Lemon Law route. Appreciate all you've written so far.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 PM

Chris, I got your email. Thanks. I am still driving my car, I have noticed the vibration comes and goes. I love my car and have started to convince myself that the vibration is going away. What was it like filling the lemon law? How long is the process? What type of lawyer is involved?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:55 AM

dacm99...the vibration comes and goes with mine as well. Have owned it now for 7 months and it still happens (more times than not). I made an appt. with the service department for next Tuesday. I'll report what happens. Good luck with your CTS. It's such an awesome car, I just hate that this problem exists.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 PM

Clarkster & dacm99,

Let me start by saying that I really liked this car and it was a shame that this problem couldn't be fixed. I originally bought in January 08' and they seemed to do a great job in the re-design. There was only so much I could take though, I was beginning to wonder who put more miles on the car....me or the dealer? BEFORE the lemon law filing they offered me a new car. The dealer had 5 on the lot, 2 of them with the Performance Package. Both with the Package shook right off the lot. That was when I knew I had to do the Lemon Law thing because if I got a new one and it did it too then I would have to start this whole process over again. I read the other posts as well, spent time researching over and over, even read one where someone flat out accused people of making the whole thing up! The whole thing with the lemon law went smooth though. I didnt tell the dealer any details, I just looked up Lemon Law Nevada and a ton of attorneys popped up that specialized in it. I used 1800 Lemon Law I think. I can double check if you get more serious. I went online did an inquiry, they called and told me to fax everything over. I had it ready to go when they called actually and sent it to them. They called me a half hour later and said you have a case. They don't charge so there was no risk to me. They get paid by GM. In the end I think the invoice for their services to GM was 1500. I got everything but 1000 back because mine was a lease. A purchase would have been more they said. I was happy because I didn't have to trade it in and get my a$$ handed to me for only having the car 6 months! The whole thing took about 6 weeks. I was busy enough that I just filed it and forgot about it. I checked with them every once in a while and then out of nowhere I had an offer from GM. The best part is that when I went in to turn it in at the original dealer...The service Manager that I had to take it to had the same car AND HE SAID IT HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!! I thought it was funny. Sad because the car could have been great. The Lexus is unbelievable though. Their service is the best. Did you know that they actually come out to your house to pick up the car for an oil change or service? They also only give out Lexus vehicles as loaners. No more of that Enterprise Garbage!

Chris

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 CTS with Steering Wheel shake