Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

2003 CTS rear finish panel

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 AM

oh gotcha... ive checked ebay and everywhere else for like a year now. I cant find anything I like that goes with the car. The issue with the flat leds is they are ugly when unlit, IMO... and being square or rectangle just wont cut it. I need a nice diffused lens with a nice shape, that also has a thin depth and easily mounted. Originally I considered using the front side marker lights. They have a thin sleek shape, and just using the clear or smoke lenses, but you cannot get a big enough bright enough bulb in them. as soon as i find a good lens, ill send the cut file to my cutter and have a stack made.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM

My funds are a little low as of now, but I'm def gonna get one of your pieces. However if you can leave my lights uncut (unless you find something really awesome) that would be great. I'll prob do the led thing. Thanks brother!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:11 AM

well the prototype piece i have right now, is uncut. no reverse lights, no mouting holes. Just a few places are not perfectly straight. Shoot me a price and id be willing to come down. It was alot of work to hand cut that thing. but it is just sitting here and I would prefer it on someones car making it look good!

Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 PM

You still have the rear plastic bezel for sale? I'm in definite need of one. Mine came off on the highway and since it's been off I can't find one or even get an inspection sticker. Lemme know if you can help me out or can direct me somewhere. Thanks

Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 PM

mine is made of aluminum.. it blocks the reverse lights, not sure if that would pass inspection. that lens being gone shouldnt affect your inspection....

Old 12-09-2012, 04:48 PM

They told me because it causes the reverse lights to be Too bright and there needing to be some kind of lense to cover them

Old 06-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Unhappy 2003 CTS rear finish panel

Hey guys Matt here, so a few days ago my clear panel on the back of my car was peeling off so I took it off because there was water in it, I dried it off and hit it back into place. Today after I got home from golf I noticed it was missing and I've re traced my steps with unfortunately bad luck. I have been looking around and they aren't easy to come by not are they cheap! I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find this panel for relatively in-expensive!!!!
Thanks, Matt

Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by MattShields21
Hey guys Matt here, so a few days ago my clear panel on the back of my car was peeling off so I took it off because there was water in it, I dried it off and hit it back into place. Today after I got home from golf I noticed it was missing and I've re traced my steps with unfortunately bad luck. I have been looking around and they aren't easy to come by not are they cheap! I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find this panel for relatively in-expensive!!!!
Thanks, Matt
Matt, good luck finding a replacement as I never did. Unless you want to check junk yards for your model, I couldn't find any new ones online. Voodoochikin here has custom metal panels he's selling. I got one and it turned out damn good!

Attached Thumbnails 2003 CTS rear finish panel-2012-12-23_16-30-34_897.jpg   2003 CTS rear finish panel-2013-05-26_16-01-31_433.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mikeyc0120
Matt, good luck finding a replacement as I never did. Unless you want to check junk yards for your model, I couldn't find any new ones online. Voodoochikin here has custom metal panels he's selling. I got one and it turned out damn good!

The problem is I live in Illinois and it always rains here!!! I can't even drive my car half the week because if those bulbs get wet it will short out and then ill be really screwed. So voodoochikin do you have any more of the panels? How much are they!?

Old 06-13-2013, 04:22 PM

Thats not true really. My car was missing a panel for years and had the bulbs exposed. Nothing ever happened. The WORST that would happen is it would blow the fuse for reverse or tail or brake lights.

Idk what the prices are for his covers, he was having them professionally done and machine cut so if you can, pm him or see if he chimes in here.

Quick Reply: 2003 CTS rear finish panel