Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

2003 CTS Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Default 2003 CTS Problem

I have a 2003 cadillac cts that i bought used about a year ago. Well just recently it started to do something really weared. I went to my car the other day and when i put the key in the car acted like the battery was dead, and i know its not dead becasue its a brand new battery. So i went to start it and it didnt start, all the lights came on and then i pulled the key back to try again and it would release the key. So i popped the hood and took a wretch to the batterie and touched the negative to positive real quick to see if the battiery was dead but to my suprise it sparked alot so i knew it had juice, wheel as soon as i did that i heard the engine act like it was ready to start because it still had the keys in it so i went around and started it and it started right up, now i know its not the battery, but ive also noticed that the horn honks weak when i hit the lock button on the keyless intry. Any Sugeestions or Question please help..

Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Default RE: 2003 CTS Problem

sounds like a ground issue

Old 08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Default RE: 2003 CTS Problem

Maybe this is one of those "other symptoms that need to get the car to reboot to fix"...

There's another post that talked about the driver's window buttons doing strange stuff - basically, only the dirver's windo buttons actually do nything, but the driver's window down gets the driver's side and the front passenger side windows down and up; the driver's button for the left rear passenger button gets the left rear and right rear window down and up - but none of the other buttons at the front passenger or right or left rear passenger positions do anything...

Anyway, the resolution (for this odd window problem) I got from my dealer was to disconnect the + and - cables from the battery, touch them together to fully discharge electricity from the car then re-attach the + and - cables to the correct battery terminals... it fixed the window problem - May be it will fix this, too.

I don't think shorting the + and - on the battery with a wrench (with the cables connected to the car's electrical system) is a good idea on several levels...