Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default Tinting

Should I tint my Deville with mirror tinting or try n get a tint with the same color as the paint? I think the mirror tint will look better when i get chrome tips on my exhuast. But i dont know for sure yet.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Tinting

If car is not going to street driven -show only - tint supplier/installer sould be able to help you as to what it will look like with it installed.Bring friend(s) who are objective and see if they see what you see before it's installed. If car is going to street driven I would check with tint shop or state police to what is legal.Hope it helps

Old 10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Personal opinion, I'd look to match the paint. To me it makes the car look like it wants to take off. Having said the I will reserve my opinion until I know the color of the paint.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
jim

In New York State , one cannot tint the windshield or drivers windows, only what would come from factory. This is State law here. Best to check with your locals 1st.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Same in Florida, but rarely enforced. All of my drivers windows are tinted the same as the rest. I'll take my chances with the law just to have the look. I know I know, there is a safety factor involved, but I can put the window down before I turn on to the street.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

Same in Florida, but rarely enforced. All of my drivers windows are tinted the same as the rest. I'll take my chances with the law just to have the look. I know I know, there is a safety factor involved, but I can put the window down before I turn on to the street.
you kidding? it is raining.