LS1 Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 10:39 PM

I will send you a part number tommorow and some pics. of what I have so far.

Old 12-18-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Short Fuse
I used Summitt Racing # TRD-4516 LS/s10 mount kit with adjustable base plates to move the engine forward. I cut out the original pads on the frame for the mounts and welded in 6"x6" 1/4 thick plate steel to bolt the mounts too. Still a lot of metal work to complete and I should have the wiring and trans controller in this week.

Last edited by Short Fuse; 12-18-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Short Fuse
thanks so much what about the oil pan and the drag link and sway bar

Old 12-30-2019, 07:54 AM

The oil pan is the Holley max clearence pan. In my application there is no need to change any steering components. Th engine sits far enough back to not need to but the asseccory brackets do have to be changed as the a/c compressor and the power steering pump will hit the crossmember because they will be directly over it.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:42 PM
Default Swap

Originally Posted by Eddie Van Hambone
Any updates on LS swaps ?

I have a 1968 Convertible and am thinking about doing a LS swap. Looking at getting a 6.0 LS and rebuilding it. I just cruise in the car so I don't have plans of any power adders or high horsepower. The vehicle is lowered and maybe some day I will install an air bag system. If I got with air bags I would like to be able to lay it down when parked. I have a 5.3 in my 2004 suburban and that seems to power it just fine so a 6.0 should be plenty for my caddy.

Will a 4L60E fit in a 68 caddy?
Did u ever complete the swap. Im doing a 1968 calais lq9 swap any advice

Old 03-17-2020, 11:02 PM

I will have it done this week with any luck. There is just so much work to do on one of these to make everything function perfectly. I finished the fuel system today and all I have left is to install the rad hoses, fill it with fluids and finish wiring it. The L96 with the 6L90 is what I installed. The dirveshaft for this 63 series 62 costs a fricking small fortune to have built, I am used to paying about $300 to get one done but the shaft in this car was a multipiece shaft with slip joints and there where only two shops I could locate to build it. I paid over $1100 just for the drive shaft work. The total parts bill for this will probably be about $12k including the motor and trans that are basicly new with only 4 miles on them. Measure 3 times and check again is the best advice I can give. Take your time and ask for help if you need it. I had to custom build the drivers side header for mine because there where none that fit, that was a bitch. I reccommend ICT Billet as a awesome parts company for the conversion, twice I ordered the wrong thing my mistake and they over nighted me the right parts no charge, I can't speak highly enough about them and their parts are very reasonably priced even more so if bought of Amazon. I am sure the 68 will be easier so you should be alright. The 63 was a X frame and that made it a lot harder.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:19 AM

Thank u i will take me time and continue my research again thanks for ur time

Old 03-18-2020, 08:02 AM

There will be a lot of little parts you will have to make your self like motor mounts, mounting brackets, things of that sort. I will try a post a bunch of pictures when I get time.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:58 AM

Sounds good thank u

Old 09-11-2021, 07:55 PM
Default Radiator questions

Originally Posted by 68 calais
Sounds good thank u
Radiator questions
i’m doing an LS swap LQ9 from an 02 Cadillac Escalade into my 64 coupe Deville looking for any help with radiators Any help is appreciated

Quick Reply: LS1 Swap?