Street Racing a Catera and i need the power

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Default Street Racing a Catera and i need the power

ok ... i just bought a 1998 Catera.... shes probably one of the nicest cars of its era made by Caddy evne thogh with all its complaints. However, she treats me good and i didnt expect it to have the power it has considering it a 200/194. Ive beaten BMWs, MBs, Civic (hahahahaha they swear thier so fast), all those lil iimprots, Lexus', and others but i cant beat g35s and i want more horsepower.... is thier any other way to modify the engine to get the horsepower or should i juss buy a GM engine to fit my lil catera?

Old 09-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Street Racing a Catera and i need the power

How many miles on that car? Cheapest HP is NOS, even a 75 shot should get you by the g35.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM

i got bout 69600 on it ... however NOS is illegal her in NYC. I want something thats legal and powerful.... i already get stopped cause of my 5% window tint and i dun need them seeing my nitrous buttons on the wheel and asking me to look in the trunk.... cops here are dicks. Is there nething else i could use

Old 09-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: CateraJoey

i got bout 69600 on it ... however NOS is illegal her in NYC. I want something thats legal and powerful.... i already get stopped cause of my 5% window tint and i dun need them seeing my nitrous buttons on the wheel and asking me to look in the trunk.... cops here are dicks. Is there nething else i could use
hell . they eve make radar detectors illegal there ...

may i suggest that you watcha few "007" movies and learn the art of concealment?
it is done all the time ..

what is under the back seat?
who says that the buttons have to even be in the cockpit? ever hear of "remote control"?

and NO, i didnt say that, and no i didnt do that .. and if i did, i was insane ...

Old 09-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

I can't help you sorry, that's an Opel engine and I dunno. I can do some searches and if I find anything useful I will put it up. Don't those cars have a button for sport shift which increases the shift points?

Old 09-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

I did some quick searches. Apparently that car has a resonator in the exhaust somehwere so take it off and put a straight pipe, you can also find a lower restirction muffler. Not much out there. There is however one sure way to beat the Infiniti and pretty much anything else out there. Opel=Holden=GM=Pontiac=GTO!

Go the wrecking yard and find a GTO with an LS1, get the engine and put it in your car. Sounds like a direct fit since the GTO and Catera are built on the identical platform. Yikes! [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 09-22-2007, 12:42 PM

so my catera is basically in a sense a GTO sweet ok so ima look upa LS1, hte sport button works but its does the same think when im in regular... i need maybe bout 100 more... nut something tells me to buy a Musatng
(sry guys lol), but i love beaten benz, bmws, lexus, and all those other clowns

Old 09-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: so my catera is basically in a sense a GTO sweet ok so ima look upa LS1,
Not in a sense, it is.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:25 AM

thats amazing... and i can c the rezemblence.... thing is that engine is expensive. Being somewhat of a street racer thats an expense im willing to take... neone knw where i can get the whole front bumper of a 91 seville

Old 09-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Found this Popular Mechanics article:

"Chevrolet Lumina
Also available in the Middle East is the Lumina, only it's not the Lumina that Chevy sold here a few years ago. No, this Lumina is a version of the Opel Omega, which we know in this country as the Cadillac Catera. Only our Catera isn't offered with a 325-hp 5.7-liter V8 like the Lumina SS, which also gets a sport suspension, an aggressive body kit, 17-in. wheels and a six-speed manual transmission. And if that's not insulting enough, we've learned that GM sells a 405-hp version of this car in Australia called the Holden HSV GTS-R. The other Lumina trim levels, the LTZ and the wagon, are powered by the same 215-hp V6 that motivates our Catera."

Also look at this link to see a running version of the Catera V8.
http://www.pbase.com/elvin315/the_catera_v

Quick Reply: Street Racing a Catera and i need the power