new headunit and subs

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Default new headunit and subs

I have a 94 seville SLS with a N* and the bose stereo package. I want to put a flip out touch screen headunit in and two 12" subs. My question is since i already have a bose stereo system will putting in a new headunit and subs mess with my bose speakers in any way? Also i have heard stories about people putting a new stereo system in their cadillac and have ran into a world of hurt, but i have heard that about the newer cadillacs not the older ones. My other question is will i run into the problems the newer cadillacs have or will i be in the clear? And if i am in the clear where is the easiest and best place to runthe power cord through the firewall?

Thanks AJAX

Old 04-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Default RE: new headunit and subs

New, old, it's not that diffrent when it comes to aftermarket vs bose. You have to run new wires to every speaker, in some cases, you might even need new speakers.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:24 PM

why do i have to run new wires to all the speakers? or get new ones?

Old 04-24-2008, 11:41 PM

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Old 04-28-2008, 08:44 AM

this forum blows

Old 04-28-2008, 01:39 PM

first of all dude, don't expect to get a response between 10 pm and 6 am the next morning... noone on here is getting paid to be here, this is all voluntary stuff, so be appreciatiative if you even get anymore help at all after a remark like that [:'(]

second of all, if your cars 14 years old and it still has the stock speaker wires dont you think it'd be worth it to replace the wires and not ask stupid questions? ever think that they may be old and corroded and not able to handle the new load your gonna put on them??? quit askin stupid questions and let yourself be helped. noone likes helpin an a$$...

same thing goes for replacing your speakers. their probably old and putting new ones in would be a good idea if your upgrading your system. the old ones may crack with the new bass supplied or they could just not sound very good at all, you never know...

the easiest way i found to run the power wire is through the wiring that goes to the passenger door. i just put in an amp and sub in my 94 concours with the stock system so i didn't have to worry about running the other wires though. and just for your info, you HAVE to run the power and speaker wires on opposite sides or you'll have to rerun the wiring when you turn your system on and find it screetching at you...

anyways, run the power cord from the battery up to the firewall. from there you have to either find a hole that already goes into your cabin thats free, or make one yourself. if your not into drilling your firewall at all you can do what i did. run the wire down under the hood, through the body kinda, and into the rubber tubing that holds the wires for your door. a small slice in this rubber is all the cutting or modification that needs to be done this way. from there you just pull up your carpet and run it to the trunk. if you know anything about installations you should be able to handle yourself from there

Old 04-29-2008, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: cadillaczak

first of all dude, don't expect to get a response between 10 pm and 6 am the next morning...
first of all JUNIOR[] i posted these posts about five days ago read the date mr.do-moss[8D]. and how the hell were my questions dumb? i thought that was the purpose of a forum![:-]

OHH but thanks for the information though