install USB FM for iPod's, MP3's,WMA's, CD's, etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator
Default install USB FM for iPod's, MP3's,WMA's, CD's, etc

i use this system on my '88 Allanté and other vehicles. been using it since Nov of 2005.
i decided against the CD player-in-the-trunk ideas ..

cost is $25 to $40 ...
18 months later, LOVE IT!
only change is now i got other FLASH DRIVES than what you see in the writing.

if your car has a lighter and a FM radio, you can use this system
even if your car is a vintage car. easy to use, no holes to drill.

i dump MP3's from the computer onto the flash drive in seconds

================================================== ======

Originator Stealth

Wireless FM Modulator
Play all your Audio Device's
through your Car Stereo!!

- FM Modulator Plays All Your Audio Devices Wireless Through
- Your Car Stereo System
- Compatible with iPod's, MP3's,WMA's, CD's, DVD Player's and Laptops
- 14 LCD Preset Indicators for FM Frequencies, 7 low, 7 high
- Standard USB Port
- Play, Stop, Volume and Track Selection Controls
- 3.5mm Stereo Input
- FM Modulator Turns Any USB Memory Drive into an MP3 Player
-Turn your USB Memory Drive into an MP3 Player

Plays ALL Your Audio Devices Wirelessly Through Your Car Stereo System

For Flash Memory / Memory stick (USB Only)

1. Plug FM Modulator into vehicle's 12 Volt adaptor.
2. Plug your Flash Memory into FM Modulator's USB Port.
3. Select one of the FM Modulator Presets that a local radio station is not broadcasting on.
4. Tune your car stereo to the same FM Frequency as the FM Modulator.
5. Press the Play Button on the FM Modulator.
6. Music/Audio transmits to vehicle's stereo system.

For use with MP3, iPod, CD, or DVD Player

1. Plug FM Modulator into vehicle's 12 Volt adaptor.
2. Using the audio cable, plug your MP3, CD, DVD Player or other audio device into the FM Modulator's stereo jack .
3. Select one of the FM Modulator Presets that a local radio station is not broadcasting on.
4. Tune your car stereo to the same FM Frequency as the FM Modulator.
5. Press the Play Button on the FM Modulator.
6. Music/Audio transmits to vehicle's stereo system.

Originator Stealth
here it is ...

went out and bought the VR3 ($25) and a 1.0 GB USB FLash Drive (USB memory Stick) ($55) .. when bent at the joint, the VR3 looks like a micro model of the Startrek Enterprise in black ...

cut packages open (30 seconds),
plugged the 1.0 GB flash drive to my computer (2 seconds),
copied the songs i wanted, it took 287 songs (9 minutes),
plugged the flash drive to the VR3 (2 seconds),
walked to the car (3 minutes, a lot of steps to the cave),
plugged the VR3 with flash drive unit to the cigarete lighter receptacle (5 seconds),
turned the radio on to one of the FM stations listed on the VR3 that was not used locally (20 seconds),

.. ... HIT PLAY ... ..

.. ... i'm in heaven ... ..

i spent more time standing in line at the cashier than it took to start playing music in the Allanté .. NOW, THAT IS a feat for anything done with an Allanté .. i suspect the 2nd time around i can cut the times by at least 50% ...

the unit plays the songs directly from the flash drive, transmts to the FM band of the Allanté BOSE system .. plays in sequence or random, with skip .. i went for the random (shuffle) ...

in case you are doing the math, 287 songs at 3 min each is about 14 hours of music, or TWO tanks of gas on the interstate ...

forget the CD in the trunk idea, forget it, really really forget it .. .. i'm done .. unless i get an iPod that also plugs into the VR3 .. maybe later .. the basic 6 GB iPod will give more control on choosing the songs than the flash drive and can pack about 1,800 songs or about 90 hours of music ...

the whole VR3 unit fits in my pocket, takes 3 seconds to get it going .. the flash drive comes with a lanyard so you can hang it around anything, including your keychain ..

i dont need to discuss whether this is the best or not .. to me, it is very practical, SMALL, economical, high capacity, and easy to use .. i dont need more power since the 200W system is just fine for me .. and with the road noise of a open top, sound fidelity in the car is a low prioritiy .. this simple setup sounds really good to me ...

the big PLUS - the USB flash drive is a standard USB 2.0, compatible for all computers with USB and a great way to carry persoanl data files for other misc things that are not music .. having a mix in the flash drive does NOT affect the use of the VR3 for music OR VOICE ...

"i hate burning CDs to listen to music in my car and I simply can't believe they don't make car radios with USB inputs yet. This way I could just play MP3s with a simple USB flash memory drive. Well, until they come up with direct USB inputs in car stereos, I am going to use the VR3 MP3 FM Modulator. Simply plug this unit into you cigarette lighter 12 volt adaptor and connect your USB flash drive filled with MP3s. The VR3 will automatically play your songs through an FM station with its built-in FM modulator. Even better, it has an audio input, so you can input your MP3 player, iPod, CD player, laptop, etc. as well. For only $29.43, plus a USB flash drive if needed, you can stop wasting your time burning endless cds. Think about it and it makes complete sense.
Official Description:
"Forget about listening to music in your car through those ear buds! The Virtual Reality Sound Labs VRFM7W FM Modulator with USB Port and AUDIO input is for use with USB Flash Drives or with MP3, CD and DVD players. Now you can play ALL your audio devices Wire-Free through your car stereo system. Simply insert the Virtual Reality Sound Labs VRFM7W MP3 FM Modulator into your vehicle’s 12 volt cigarette/accessory socket, connect the supplied audio cable to your music device and the music/audio transmits to your vehicle’s stereo FM radio system! You can also download your music files onto a USB Flash Memory Drive and simply plug your Flash Memory Drive into the USB port on the VRFM7W."

Old 09-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)
Default RE: install USB FM for iPod's, MP3's,WMA's, CD's, etc

Stealth
you made me a believer last year! But..........I forget just how I downloaded/loaded Help!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wcoates

Stealth
you made me a believer last year! But..........I forget just how I downloaded/loaded Help!!!!!!
Bill,

can you clarify?
i'm not sure what you have done or are asking ...

Old 09-14-2007, 04:34 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Have CD's that I want to copy (?) to my computer so that they can be moved to my portable"thumb drive" and played on the FM Modulator in my Allante.

Have forgotten how I did it last year. Is their specific software/programs that must be used. hope this helps explain better. Please advise! Thanks!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wcoates

Have CD's that I want to copy (?) to my computer so that they can be moved to my portable"thumb drive" and played on the FM Modulator in my Allante.

Have forgotten how I did it last year. Is their specific software/programs that must be used. hope this helps explain better. Please advise! Thanks!

Bill,

C-Nile virus? blame it on zinzin ...

I dont know what you used, specially, but you had to use an "MP3 Converter" or "ripper" of some sort.

There are hundreds of such mp3 convertion / ripper software utilities out there,
search your file system, in your computer, for < mp3 > or < convert > in the TITLE and
i bet you spot it in your hard drive.

if not, here is source .. but there are many others ...
http://www.mp3-converter.com/mp3_converter_freeware.htm

Now, I'm going to make you dangerous .. you want music that you dont have and would like to "try" ?
Download Limewire and search for your favorite music that tickles your fancy.

serious advice:
1 - unless your heart is well and strong, do not type the word "sex" or any of its street variations, into Limewire, ever.
2 - if you click on the VIDEO section, specially if combined with #1 above, sit down, grab on tight and hang on for a ride.
3 - as soon as you download something, close Limewire - it is a system sharing utility. Whatever you keep in the
Do***ents and Settings .. "SHARE" folder, you get to share via Limewire. If you dont want to share, close
Limewire and move them out of that folder after you download.

I find it quite useful .. quite interesting .. quite giving ...

I do love Music videos, specially R&R performances dating back to the days of 35 mm film cameras that
have been converted into video format, mostly by audience people that were there back in the days when
it was OK to film performances. Much of that had found its way to YOUTUBE, but its prety hard to download
off YOUTUBE whereas Limewire is share and share.