Help installing aftermarket radio in my 92 Cadillac Seville!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Default Help installing aftermarket radio in my 92 Cadillac Seville!!!

I recently purchased an aftermarket stereo for my 92 Cadillac Seville from Crutchfield with the harness for it and everything but I am having a lot of trouble installing it. I found that you need to connect the harness from somewhere in the trunk of the car, and then run it through to the front into the new stereo. Also rhat you just plug it into the cdm box in the trunk (passenger side) but after i took the box out, the harness doesnt fit into it. Can anyone help me?

Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 AM

i installed an aftermarket system in my 92 seville last december. i can tell you right now that these cars were not designed for aftermarket radios to be installed. unforchunatly i am away at college right now and i cant give you specifics.

you will need a decent background in vehicle eletric stystem and test lights. what you need to do is make your own wiring for most of this. you will need to run an antenna wire and rear speaker wires to the back of your car. the front speaker wires came out of the front so you can remove the door panels to see what colors you are looking for. you will have to find your 12v constant [i ran off the cigeret lighter] and you will have to find the 12v ignition. this part will be hard. also you will need to run a wire going to the back for the antenna power. you can use one of the wires from the old system but you have to find it in the trunk. this whole project is not hard but you have to forget the stock wiring and start from scratch.

if you have any questions you can email me at staples_92@yahoo.com subject "92 seville radio" . lke i said before i dont have my car with me or any of the diagrams but i can try to further help you