flowmaster VS glasspack

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Default flowmaster VS glasspack

im deciding on wether or not to get an exhuast put on my 94 fleetwood. Has anyone had any experince with glass packs. The glass packs are going to be a lot cheaper and more in my prive range than the flowmasters. I had flows on my older caddy and it sounded good, but im not sure what glass packs sound like. When i hear the word glass packs i think of the sound it would make byjust taking off and exhuast and leaving it off. I dont know though so any inmput would be apprecitated becuase im getting it done in a couple of days.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Certified Members

imo packs are louder.
rickyd

Old 04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Certified Members

I would stay away from straight thru glass packs, It's a Cadillac not a "street car" Flowmasters or turbo mufflers will sound better. IMO

Old 04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Default Go with Turbo style

Go with the turbo style mufflers Magnaflow, Flowmaster etc. I have them on my Deville and my big block 66 Charger. You get a nice mellow burble when you are just doing your daily commute. And they give a nice toned roar when you are pushing the go pedal. Most glass packs make your car sound like a threshing machine about to throw a rod. Plus glass packs will burn out rather quickly and you will have to replace them more.
Spend the money up front.
As was said before, its a Cadillac not a Camaro.
Cheers