General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

program a new code for keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Default program a new code for keyless entry

Hi i lost my keys last week to my 99 sts and had to buy a new key fob it was the #2 transmiter
I got it now from the dealer he said he can change the code so the lost key transmiter wont work
but he gonna have to charge me $50 I want to now can I change the code myself or do
I have to take it in to the shop can someone help me out
thank in advance

Old 04-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: program a new code for keyless entry

If they are going to program new transmitter, they should disable the other remote for free. It will take a few additional seconds to clear missing remotes signal.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Default RE: program a new code for keyless entry

the dealer who sold me the fob said it will be addition $50 to what I had already paid
to change the code he said something about some jumper in the trunk
he told me to look it up on the net and i would be able to find help to change the code and save
me $50

Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default FOB - RE: program a new code for keyless entry

This is the only thing I got. I wont guarantee if this is the same as what you got.
Not sure I like this whole subject.

If it was me, I be calling a locksmith, maybe get it done cheaper than $50.

================================================== =

The procedure will require three, ten minute cycles to complete the matching process.
Do the following:

1. The vehicle must be off.

2. Place the new, unrecognized transmitter into the transmitter pocket with the transmitter buttons facing the front of the vehicle.

3. Insert the vehicle key into the key lock cylinder located on the driver’s door. 2-9

4. Turn the key to the unlock position five times within five seconds.

5. The DIC message will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN.

6. Press the Acc. button (ignition switch).

7. The DIC will read WAIT 10 MINUTES and will count down to zero, one minute at a time.

8. The DIC will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN again.

9. Press the Acc. button (ignition switch) again.

10. The DIC will again read WAIT 10 MINUTES and will count down to zero, one minute at a time.

11. The DIC will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN again.

12. Press the Acc. button (ignition switch) again.

13. The DIC will again read WAIT 10 MINUTES and will count down to zero, one minute at a time.

14. A beep will sound and the DIC will read READY FOR FOB 1. At this time, all previously known
transmitters have been erased.

15. Once the transmitter is recognized and programmed, a beep will sound and the DIC will display READY FOR FOB 2.

16. Remove the keyless access transmitter and press the unlock button twice to initialize it. If you have additional transmitters to program, this process can be repeated until four transmitters have been programmed. The DIC will then display MAX # FOBS LEARNED and will exit the programming mode.

When you are done programming transmitters, press the unlock button on each keyless access transmitter twice. After performing this process, transmitters previously programmed will no longer work with your vehicle and must be reprogrammed.

==============================

Erasing/Adding Key Fobs (No Known Fob Available)

This procedure will first erase all known key fobs. The procedure will then program a single key fob or multiple key fobs. Method 3 is a series of three 10-minute key cycles, for a total of 30 minutes. This procedure requires that you have a replacement key fob and the vehicle's mechanical key.

Important: Do not place any known good key fobs within 10 feet of the vehicle when programming with Method 2. If the RCDLR recognizes a known good key fob during Method 2 programming, the programming mode will resort to Method 1.

The vehicle must be OFF.

Place the new/replacement key fob in the console pocket with the buttons facing forward.

Insert the vehicle key in the driver door lock cylinder located in the driver door handle and cycle the key 5 times within 5 seconds.

The DIC will display a message: OFF/ACC TO LEARN.

Press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button.

The DIC will display a message: WAIT 10 MINUTES, and then begin to count down from 10 to 0, one minute at a time.

When the counter reaches 0, DIC will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN.

Repeat steps 5-7 two more times, for a total of 30 minutes.

At the end of the 30 minute cycle, a beep will occur and the DIC will display: READY FOR FOB 1. At this time all previously known key fobs have been erased. When fob 1 is programmed a beep will be heard and the DIC will display a message: READY FOR FOB 2.

Additional key fobs can be programmed by taking fob 1 out of the pocket and inserting fob 2. If desired, up to 4 fobs can be programmed. Once 4 fobs have been learned, the DIC will display a message: MAX FOBS LEARNED, and automatically exit the program mode.

If learning less than 4 key fobs, press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button to exit the program mode.
Important: Failure to exit programming mode (press OFF/ACC) prior to pressing the UNLOCK button of each key fob programmed will result in that fob being inoperative. Pressing the UNLOCK button completes the programming sequence and is require to ensure transmitter operation.

Press the UNLOCK button on each key fob that was programmed to finalize the programming and confirm system operation.