Aluminum Block V8s 4.1, 4.5, 4.6, and 4.9 liter engines.

GM Cadillac Northstar engine features and issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 01:01 AM

all the suggestions are appreciating and i will keep the extract in mind to go good with the issues discussed here

Last edited by RenatoAubert; 05-01-2018 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Certified Members

hate to bring a post back up from the dead but Wow Shelonat What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

First and foremost just because YOU had the head gasket issue and dont have the money to fix it. doesnt mean you know everything there is to know about the the Northstar engine. yea the weak points are the gaskets but after 2002 they final fixed the issue.

also just too correct your stupidity The FWD V8 have been around since before the Northstar. The 1966 Olds Toronado was the first front-wheel-drive car in the U.S. with a V8. now speed up to oh around 2006 the Chevy impala,Monte Carlo and GXP grand prix used a 5.3 V8 FWD. NOT A NORTHSTAR. so for you to bash on all the Caddies maybe you should get a clue.
since most of the Technology created for the N* has been developed and improved over the years i.e Limp home mode, Cylinder deactivation, change oil etc. it has caused other car manufactures to follow suit and do the same. The same technology in the N* is in all the GM V8's from cars to trucks as well as DODGE, FORD but use a different term to describe the same thing.

to get back to the N* star being a crap engine show me where any other car manufactures that made an engine that had the same power to weight ratio let alone the sophistication and technology this engine has. even today most engine this size make the same or more power usuing boost and are just as prone to blowing up due to the lack of knowledge of boosted cars by most car owners these days.

just saying i had blown head gaskets and i got them fixed over 4 years ago and still ran just fine and i drive my cars hard with in their limits. trust me you wont find an engine like this that was built for abuse like this was.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:04 PM

im in search for engine parts list and specs for how much torque is needed to fix the motor i would be greatful to get a website plz and thankyou