Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Vintage & Classic Cadillacs (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/vintage-classic-cadillacs-37/)
-   -   Helping my friend's mom sell ... 1979 Cadillac Seville or Deville ? (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/vintage-classic-cadillacs-37/helping-my-friends-mom-sell-1979-cadillac-seville-deville-9973/)

Bondy's Friend 10-28-2009 12:18 AM

Helping my friend's mom sell ... 1979 Cadillac Seville or Deville ?

5 Attachment(s)
My best friend from high school passed away and his mom asked me to help her clear away much of the things he left in their backyard. He was a very good car restorer and builder. Hot rods was his thing but the car he used to get around in was his ’79 Seville.

I don't know a lot about cars and so I thought I'd join this forum for advice. If someone could reply I'd like some help understanding how much $$$$ I should ask for when I advertise in Craigslist. Maybe there are other websites I could post in too... I don't know where else though.

All I know is that the car was running when she parked it which hasn’t been that long. She just cannot afford to insure a car that won’t be used anymore.

Any help is appreciated.

stomper 10-28-2009 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bondy's Friend (Post 35153)
My best friend from high school passed away and his mom asked me to help her clear away much of the things he left in their backyard. He was a very good car restorer and builder. Hot rods was his thing but the car he used to get around in was his ’79 Seville.

I don't know a lot about cars and so I thought I'd join this forum for advice. If someone could reply I'd like some help understanding how much $$$$ I should ask for when I advertise in Craigslist. Maybe there are other websites I could post in too... I don't know where else though.

All I know is that the car was running when she parked it which hasn’t been that long. She just cannot afford to insure a car that won’t be used anymore.

Any help is appreciated.

where is the car? sort of important ...

rickyd 10-28-2009 08:06 AM

cant make out the plate..... yea, more info please, and maybe you wont have to post anywhere else. doesnt look like a seville, she looks to be a Cpe Deville..... so, other than 30 years old tell the forum more and maybe the forum can help you help your buds mom.
rickyd

Bondy's Friend 10-28-2009 03:49 PM

-Stomper, the car is Pasadena, CA.
-rickyd, I'll be visiting her this weekend to talk to a guy who's interested in the hot rod frames in his garage. what info can/should I gather that'll help the forum help me (which is greatly appreciated)? My son tells me the VIN might be helpful. Other things?

Stealth 10-29-2009 12:09 AM

i drive past Dewley Allen every day.

rickyd 10-29-2009 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bondy's Friend (Post 35170)
-Stomper, the car is Pasadena, CA.
-rickyd, I'll be visiting her this weekend to talk to a guy who's interested in the hot rod frames in his garage. what info can/should I gather that'll help the forum help me (which is greatly appreciated)? My son tells me the VIN might be helpful. Other things?

though the car is that old it still has value depending on:
1) does the car run? how does the trans shift out thru the gears?
2) condition: paint, does it show signs of any paint work? interior, (lea or cloth), any body damage, rust, hows the frame. is the car original, engine,trans, etc.
3) miles??
4) equipment: what does she have power wise...ie: dual pwr seats, etc
5) if trying to get top dollar, spend a buck or so and get the car detailed
(sell the sizzle, not the steak) make her look good!!

keep us posted, and good luck
rickyd

oh yes post the vin here, let the forum check a couple things

Bondy's Friend 11-01-2009 11:15 AM

Hi. I didn't get a whole lot done yesterday as the sale of my friend's T-Bucket took almost the whole time I was there. After starting the Coupe de Ville (thanks rickyd) started and out of the driveway to make room for the hotrod to roll out I did get the VIN: 6047899276195. It's got power windows and feels like a strong runner. I also learned that my friend's mom is the original owner. More to come... Thanks again!

ELDO91 11-02-2009 01:04 AM

My condolences for the passing of your best friend; and also to his Mother who has lost her son.:( Good luck with the sale.

Bondy's Friend 11-02-2009 02:32 PM

Thank you, ELDO91. He was really a good guy and we shared a lot of good times. My wife and I are just trying to help his mom move forward with her life. Her son's (only son) death was the most painful for her so it's the least we could do...

rickyd 11-03-2009 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bondy's Friend (Post 35268)
Hi. I didn't get a whole lot done yesterday as the sale of my friend's T-Bucket took almost the whole time I was there. After starting the Coupe de Ville (thanks rickyd) started and out of the driveway to make room for the hotrod to roll out I did get the VIN: 6047899276195. It's got power windows and feels like a strong runner. I also learned that my friend's mom is the original owner. More to come... Thanks again!

not sure but it doesnt look like a vin.... we are talking about a 1979 vehicle correct?? should be some letters in there... check, lower front, corner of drivers side dash. look thru windshield... ..get back, as the beatles say haha