Vintage & Classic Cadillacs 1902-1977 Cadillac Models

Cranberry Firemist

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Default Cranberry Firemist

I'm new to classic Cadillacs. I just bought a Coupe de Ville in Cranberry Firemist with a black top and black interior. Everything I read says this is a rare color but I can't find production numbers anywhere. Can anyone help me figure out how many cars were made in this color? All I can find is total production for the year.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:37 PM

Hi, This may help, but I'm not sure if you would be able to determine how many of each color was made. There were lots of exterior colors and lots of interior colors and fabrics available. I think a lot of people back at that time ordered their cars in the spring for delivery that fall. If you look on Ebay you'll see a lot of ugly color combos. I feel that your sense of what looks good shows through in the colors you have in your '74 Coupe. My friend has a '73 Eldorado convertible that is "triple white" White paint, white leather interior and a white top. A classic combo. I have a '76 Eldorado Convertible with white exterior, red leather interior and white top, I think another classic combo. Hope this is of some help.

1974 Cadillac Production Numbers/Specifications

Old 06-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Tech Certified Members

It's not a common color but I doubt you will find production numbers. To be honest it really doesn't mean much. The color would make the car an easy sell over some of the more common plain colors.