Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   US Emissions (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/us-emissions-47/)
-   -   2006 Escalade ESV (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/us-emissions-47/2006-escalade-esv-12351/)

JakeM717 07-08-2011 08:05 AM

2006 Escalade ESV

Hello: I have a 2006 Escalade ESV. My check engine light went on and as a result I can not get an inspection sticker. I was rejected. Took it to the shop and they told me it was due to emissions and I needed a new gas cap. They replaced the cap, reset the codes and all seemed fine. They told me to drive it 200 miles and then bring it back for the sticker. I needed fuel so I stoped to fill it up. I always shut the engine off and take the keys out of the ignition. When I went to start it to leave, it started very hard and kind of sputtered. After that it started fine. I drove it for about 100 miles and the check engine light came back on. I've noticed that every time I fill the tank, it starts kind of hard and sometimes I even have to push the accelerator down a little to get it to kick in. This has become annoying and I still can't get my inspection sticker. At 100 per hour for the dealer, it's becoming expensive and I'm frustrated. Any ideas on what may be causing the problem.

Thank you for your help

Jake

Cadillac Customer Service 07-08-2011 10:50 AM

Hello Jake. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your vehicle. I would like to do what I can for you. I will be sending you a direct message shortly.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Edit: I tried to direct message you but I saw that you have fewer than 10 posts. I would like to take care of this pivately but the best recourse at this point would be for you to call our Customer Assistance team at 1-800-458-8006. I hope that helps in getting this issue resolved for you. Let me know if you're able to get setup in regards to this issue.

JakeM717 07-08-2011 12:41 PM

Hello Jeff: I certainly appreciate your quick response. Please direct message me at JakeDrives@comcast.net. I really need a quick fix for this as my rejection sticker is going to expire and I will be left without a vehicle to drive.

If it helps, we've been a GM family for EVER and my Godfather was the Plant Manager at the old Framingham, MA "B" body plant..

Please, lets try and get it done via email...

All my best

Jake

Cadillac Customer Service 07-08-2011 01:44 PM

Thank you for your reply back Jake. I wasn't sure how ok you would be with posting your e-mail here. I will be e-mailing you shortly!

JakeM717 07-08-2011 03:38 PM

Thanks Jeff... Much appreciated...

JakeM717 07-09-2011 11:11 AM

Jeff: Would it help if I gave you the codes that are coming up? I can get those for you on Monday the 11th.

JakeM717 07-12-2011 08:43 AM

Hello!!!!

:confused:Hey Jeff: Did you forget about me?? Just wondering...

Cadillac Customer Service 07-12-2011 11:05 AM

I apologize Jake. I have attempted to e-mail you but it must not have gotten to you. I just sent you another e-mail. Hopefully that one makes it to you! Thank you for your patience!

bigsc 05-01-2013 07:45 PM

Can anyone help me with this issue as well? I am having the same problem? There is no information showing to assist in my repair at this time.

TamekaMaines 10-15-2013 01:05 AM

I think you should contact Jeff