2008 Cadillac CTS broken bolt transfercase

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 01:36 PM
Default 2008 Cadillac CTS broken bolt transfercase

Hi,

my 2008 caddy starting making a loud noise while I was away on vacation, I was able to get to a local mechanic who temporarily fixed the problem. He said long term i need to replace all 6 bolts, I'm wondering if someone knows what part number I'm looking for, here is the mechanics description and pictures attached
"traced fault to broken bolt on transfercase side of drivershaft removed bracket that was causing the noise and tightened all remaining bolts recommend replacing all 6 bolts.

he said something about front differential drive shaft bolts near the front of the car under the passenger side
Thanks in Advance
Balman

Attached Thumbnails 2008 Cadillac CTS broken bolt transfercase-caddy-bolt-pic-1.jpeg   2008 Cadillac CTS broken bolt transfercase-caddy-bolt-pic-2.jpeg  
Old 01-02-2020, 10:01 AM

I have a 2012 Cadillac CTS AWD. I have 75k miles on the car. The car is in excellent condition and has been very well maintained. I have had three bolts fall out of the drive shaft mounts as your picture above shows. The bolts have lock tighten sealant on them and the bolts still loosened and fell out. Cadillac did not stand behind this design flaw to help me out. They quoted me $1,500 to repair this problem. The Dealer did realize the significance of the problem and without any support from Cadillac charged me just for the replacement drive shaft which was nearly $900. Cadillac still charged me full price for the part even though there were aftermarket OEM replacement parts for around $350. Bolts with lock tighten sealant should not just fallout of a major drive train part. This was not a wear and tear item. If this drive shaft fell out while driving at a high speed on the highway someone could have been killed. This is completely unacceptable by Cadillac not to step in and address this problem. I have been purchasing GM and Cadillac vehicles for years but now with this issue I would not recommend these vehicles. Very disappointed in Cadillac's lack of willingness to stand behind their product.