Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-19/)
-   -   For Sale - 1981 Eldorado - 39K Original Miles (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-19/sale-1981-eldorado-39k-original-miles-14363/)

jimkf 10-27-2013 07:27 PM

For Sale - 1981 Eldorado - 39K Original Miles

5 Attachment(s)
I have reluctantly decided to sell my 81 Eldorado. I purchased the car two years ago from the estate of a gentleman I had known for years. He bought the car new for his wife and they used it to travel to and from the country club across town.
The car has the 368 V8 8-6-4 engine that performs as it should. I've put 500 miles on the car in the two years I've owned it with about half that on the interstate. The 8-6-4 option works great and in 4 cyl mode it delivers just about 30 mpg. I would drive this car across the US without hesitation.
Installed recently:
- New brakes including: all four calipers, lines, hoses, proportioning valve, master cylinder and booster
- New tires
- New spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
- Fresh oil change
- New alternator, battery and fan belts
- New headliner, extra material is included with sale.

The car has power steering, brakes, trunk release, windows, door locks (needs relay replaced and I have new), tilt/telescoping steering wheel, power seats, Climate Control A/C (needs charged, great heat), and twilight sentinel. Also has an AM/FM stereo cassette that works. I'm also including a rare AM/FM/CB unit.

The body is in good condition with minor paint scaling from the long term storage (see right side car picture). It will need a muffler as the original is beginning to delaminate. It also needs a windshield...I cracked it trying to retrieve an errant item that had fallen from the garage rafter. You can drive the car as-is, I have been.

This is a good car and for the Cadillac enthusiast, a rare machine. I am selling to help fund the purchase of an even rarer Kaiser automobile.

I am including with the sale:
- New ECM (the car does NOT need one, but the price was right so I bought as a spare)
- Extra trim...items like door sill plates, trunk lid trim, bumper filler, aforementioned AM/FM/CB radio, wire wheel centers, as well as some dash trim.

Asking $2500 for the car as-is. For an additional $300 I will have Safelite replace the windshield, or do it yourself and save the money.

The car is located near Cleveland, Ohio. Please, no low ball offers or trades.

Cyndil 02-02-2023 07:11 PM

For sale?

Originally Posted by jimkf (Post 47474)
I have reluctantly decided to sell my 81 Eldorado. I purchased the car two years ago from the estate of a gentleman I had known for years. He bought the car new for his wife and they used it to travel to and from the country club across town.
The car has the 368 V8 8-6-4 engine that performs as it should. I've put 500 miles on the car in the two years I've owned it with about half that on the interstate. The 8-6-4 option works great and in 4 cyl mode it delivers just about 30 mpg. I would drive this car across the US without hesitation.
Installed recently:
- New brakes including: all four calipers, lines, hoses, proportioning valve, master cylinder and booster
- New tires
- New spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
- Fresh oil change
- New alternator, battery and fan belts
- New headliner, extra material is included with sale.

The car has power steering, brakes, trunk release, windows, door locks (needs relay replaced and I have new), tilt/telescoping steering wheel, power seats, Climate Control A/C (needs charged, great heat), and twilight sentinel. Also has an AM/FM stereo cassette that works. I'm also including a rare AM/FM/CB unit.

The body is in good condition with minor paint scaling from the long term storage (see right side car picture). It will need a muffler as the original is beginning to delaminate. It also needs a windshield...I cracked it trying to retrieve an errant item that had fallen from the garage rafter. You can drive the car as-is, I have been.

This is a good car and for the Cadillac enthusiast, a rare machine. I am selling to help fund the purchase of an even rarer Kaiser automobile.

I am including with the sale:
- New ECM (the car does NOT need one, but the price was right so I bought as a spare)
- Extra trim...items like door sill plates, trunk lid trim, bumper filler, aforementioned AM/FM/CB radio, wire wheel centers, as well as some dash trim.

Asking $2500 for the car as-is. For an additional $300 I will have Safelite replace the windshield, or do it yourself and save the money.

The car is located near Cleveland, Ohio. Please, no low ball offers or trades.

is this still for sale? I am very interested in it. Thank you.