Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-19/)
-   -   1955 Cadillacs for potential sale (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-19/1955-cadillacs-potential-sale-13224/)

blackwidow2_5 06-28-2012 10:37 AM

1955 Cadillacs for potential sale

Hello...I have two complete 1955 Cadillacs that I may have to part with, but I am unsure as to how much I should ask for them..

The first car is baby blue and was appraised at $6000 approximatly 12 years ago, but since have removed the drivetrain to have it rebuilt...Alas its been apart ever since. The transmission was checked by a transmission shop and said it was 100%.
The motor (331V8) was dismantled and hot tanked...it needs .0030" over pistons/rings for rebuild. This body is in pretty good shape but has had some body work done to the front drivers fender on the top and on top of the rear passengers fender.

The second car is burgundy and I drove it around where I purchased it in St.Marys 10 years ago, before I had it flatbedded to where it has sat since then...nothing was added or removed from that car. This car needs rocker panels and bottom legs of the fenders repaired...

I unfortunatly have to decide if they have to go as my life priorities are changing, but my love for these cars are not..

Both have been inside stored for the past 11 and 10 years respectively to the vehicle.

I have looked for years to find parts and or parts cars for these two Caddies with little avail...so I know how rare it is to find one, much less TWO of them together for sale is!!!

I will post some pictures soon...I have to go out to where they are stored to get some.

Any ideas as to what they may be worth? (even as a #5 or #6 car condition?) They are both restorable in my opinion, but ...who knows what someone else thinks...

email:blackwidow2_5@hotmail.com

Thanks

Brian

Cadsforfun 06-28-2012 10:25 PM

1955's

They would be worth about 6-10 in original condition. Restored up to 40.

blackwidow2_5 06-29-2012 08:47 AM

re:55 caddies

So for both cars i was contemplating a asking price around $8000.....
Is that a reasonable price?
I would like to see them go to a serious person who is going to restore and not butcher them... (lol)
i intended on getting one on the road for my my father, but he has since passed...now sentimental value is kicking in, due to the dreams i had .....
:(

Cadsforfun 06-29-2012 10:31 PM

THE pair

That doesn't sound like a bad price for the pair. The way you personally have to look at this situation is this, you will be spending a lot of time and money on these cars to get at least one functioning and looking great. If you plan on doing a lot of the work yourself great, but if you don't the cost may be prohibitive. If you are not into spending a whole bunch of your personal time to do the job, then letting them go is the best option, sentimentality or not. Good luck on the sale.