Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-19/)
-   -   $4k for 2 1987 Allantes 122K miles & 73K miles (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-19/%244k-2-1987-allantes-122k-miles-73k-miles-18377/)

87allante 05-04-2018 04:16 PM

$4k for 2 1987 Allantes 122K miles & 73K miles

87 Allante, 122K miles, maroon, with hard top, soft top excellent condition. Tires new 7/17 per person from whom I bought it. This car does not appear to have ABS issues - I get the "all monitored systems OK" message, brake pedal feels right and car stops. No major problems, interior nice, (oops - I forgot - no rear view mirror and visors will not stay put), body has a few minor scratches and some pimples along the top of the rear wheel wells. The pull down mech on it is missing (there is a good one on the parts car). Radio and antenna work. Heat works, no cooling fan issues. Most of the seat switches do not work; passenger window will not go down. Battery new 10/17. Needs ignition switch - steering wheel has to be all the way up to start, mid-point to turn off and remove key. Don't ask me how long it took to figure that one out :)

87 Allante gold, soft top only, 4" patches in 2 places. New front caliper, good brakes all the way around. This car passed inspection 10/17, was driven until December (about 3500 miles) and I took it off the road for the winter. Interior sort of ok, needs battery. Last I drove it heat was great, all driver seat switches worked except lumbar, most passenger seats worked. Radio is apart but included - has physical intermittent, loss of reception (not the regular antenna connector issue. Power steering pump noisy. Cat rattles but car passed NYS inspections. Fix the ABS problem and you have a halfway decent daily driver - despite a leaky shock I had a lot of fun with the car on back roads - it goes where it is told to and does it crisply. Car gives a cooling fan error but in the 3500 miles or so I drove it I never had to add coolant or had an overheating situation.

I was planning on keeping the maroon one, scrapping the gold one - I just registered the maroon one, getting inspected 5/7, no problems anticipated. However I spent the afternoon messing around with getting the top up and getting the back to latch on the cobbled up hook that it has, I have just gotten tired of the whole Allante concept. I am within a month or 2 of being able to afford an XLR, or at least a custom Eldo 2000 - 2002 rag top if I can't find a cheap XLR, and simply do not want these cars any more. I will have photos up this weekend or Monday. Cars are in Upstate NY 12118. Maroon is registered and road legal, waiting for title to come in from DMV.

I have not checked the AC on either - the gold one throws a low freon error
The deal comes with:

1. spare wiper motor, AllanteSource rebuild, bought but never installed in gold one (intermittent wiper feature and windshield squirter inoperative)
2. 2 original FSM, one FSM supplement for the ABS, and a factory service bulletin book
3. assorted GM proprietary tools for steering wheel removal, ABS diagnosis (special breakout box for diagnostic connectors, vacuum gauge, some sort of ABS simulator, etc)
4. at least one and I think 2 sets of the little covers that go over the soft top hinges when it is down
5. one center column - DIC, comfort controls, radio controls - untested
6. car cover that fits
7. owner's manuals - 1 87, 1 88, neither anything to brag about