Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   How come nobody wants to buy cadillacs or parts on this site? (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/how-come-nobody-wants-buy-cadillacs-parts-site-4531/)

CrusinCaddy83 11-29-2007 04:40 PM

How come nobody wants to buy cadillacs or parts on this site?

Being a member of this site, and owning a Cadillac, I particularily look for people selling their cars and info on, or parts needed to repair my old caddy every once in a whle. But it seems that no one is responding, no one is posting all the necessary information to sell their car or parts to their car. I mean I would trust everyone posting on this site, knowing that they are cadillac enthusiats like myself. Anyway I would just like to see more activity in the buying and selling of quality cars and parts for all Cadillac models. That would make this site great for all Cadillac owners.

G.A.R.Y. 11-29-2007 05:21 PM

RE: How come nobody wants to buy cadillacs or parts on this site?

That's a great question. I don't know the answer but here is my opinion. Most people now a days use auto trader e-bay or the local newspaper, or MOSTLY trade-in for a newer car.

By using the above methods you attract a lot more potential buyers then by posting here to CADDY people only. Having said that it would be nice to post here in addition to the above, after-all it is free. So after all of that I just made a 360 and still don't know the answer, but I'm sure this rhetoric will cause some other responses.

Clear as mud?

G.A.R.Y.

Stealth 11-29-2007 07:28 PM

RE: How come nobody wants to buy cadillacs or parts on this site?

ORIGINAL: CrusinCaddy83

Being a member of this site, and owning a Cadillac, I particularily look for people selling their cars and info on, or parts needed to repair my old caddy every once in a whle. But it seems that no one is responding, no one is posting all the necessary information to sell their car or parts to their car. I mean I would trust everyone posting on this site, knowing that they are cadillac enthusiats like myself. Anyway I would just like to see more activity in the buying and selling of quality cars and parts for all Cadillac models. That would make this site great for all Cadillac owners.
Here is the thing.

This site, regardless of what dates you see was not on the SEARCH Engines until maybe April '06.
We are young and upcoming. How many subscriptions did Autotrader get out in the first year?
I bet not many.

Aside from that, as Gary said, there are so many sources to get a huge reader crowd,
but they are not FREE, any longer.

On the other hand, I used to find my cars in the L.A. Times .. try that now. The classifieds there all but died.

Give it time - build it and they will come !