Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Details on president-elect Obama's new limo (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/details-president-elect-obamas-new-limo-7846/)

aimee 01-09-2009 03:50 AM

Details on president-elect Obama's new limo

One of the perks of being the Commander-in-Chief is getting to ride in the back of a presidential limousine. And while certain presidents have had hand-me-down chariots, President-Elect Barack Obama is set to get a brand-new, high-tech model.

Looking much like a standard Cadillac DTS stretched to the limits, Obama's new ride is an altogether different beast, with the highest levels of protection, technology and luxury a presidential limo has ever seen. Described as "a rolling tank with windows," word is that the limo is actually not a Cadillac, but rather something built on a medium-duty truck chassis.

Spy shooters have captured the limo testing alongside a pair of GMC Topkick pickups, and keen observers have noted that the wheels and rubber appear to be dimensionally identical to those found on the big trucks (the limo sports 19.5-inch Goodyear Regional RHS tires). Bystanders even contend that a the limo sounds like its sporting a diesel engine underhood.

The exterior is an amalgamation of various Cadillac bits, with Escalade headlights flanked by Caddy's corporate grille and a set of taillights pulled from the STS. It's doubtful that all this kit and the massive fender flares will find their way onto the model bound for the White House car port, but the ultra-thick doors should provide a presidential-sized barrier between POTUS and the outside world. The only question left is whether Obama's code name (Renegade) will carry over when he moves into Pennsylvania Ave. on the 20th, or if it the Secret Service will change it to Caddyman.

http://www.automk.com/media/month_09...0482877801.jpg
________
vaporizers

Katzmans Caddy 01-09-2009 11:18 AM

RE: Details on president-elect Obama's new limo

Very Interesting. I have to say that the presidential limo riding on a GMC truck chassis is nothing new, the current one does too. A potent diesel would be new, up to now I believe they have relied on an undisclosed NASCAR shop to suplpy the GM V8 motors.

stomper 01-09-2009 08:03 PM

It is my guess that this new President will most likely need and get more protection than any other President before him.

aimee 01-13-2009 02:00 AM

haha ,really ?
________
silver surfer reviews

stomper 02-24-2009 05:17 PM

Flying kitchens

Sen. John McCain has brought up a pricey presidential project that seems excessive —
a fleet of 28 new Marine One helicopters that will cost taxpayers around $11.2 BILLION ..

$11.2 B I L L I O N

Why the president needs 28 of them — apparently, it's a safety precaution. When flying in Marine One, identical choppers travel next to the president's ride. Trickery throws off the bad guys.

But why in the world do these contraptions cost $400 million each?

After all, isn't a helicopter just a helicopter?

Apparently not.

The Washington Post explains that the proposed fleet would be outfitted with "cutting-edge communications equipment, antimissile defenses and hardened hulls."

AND a kitchen.

Mikelswon124 01-18-2013 02:57 AM

Limo Bus

Pacific Limo Bus has the ultimate Limo Bus, provides individual accommodations specifically to fit your San Diego Party Bus needs. Whether it is a full night rental or just pick up/drop off, we can make it work for you. Limo Buses in San Diego are the way to go to get your group around town. Whether you desire a party atmosphere, a corporate feel, a relaxing wine tour, or you’re looking for a classic wedding celebration, Pacific Limo Bus will tailor to your needs.