Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   dealer services ... (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/dealer-services-3107/)

stomper 07-01-2007 02:26 PM

dealer services ...

share your stories about dealers, any car ...

by Dan Shapiro

[/align] Since I began working at J.D. Power and Associates, I've become more observant of how consumers (including myself) are treated when buying products and services. Recently, I patronized a local BMW dealership, and the experience and service staff interaction provided some good and bad examples of customer service. [/align]
As my vehicle odometer crested the 15,799-mile mark, a dashboard light appeared, reminding me to schedule my first oil change and service. Because the car is filled with synthetic oil from the factory, service intervals are considerably longer than for cars using conventional motor oil, which means I can spend more time enjoying my car rather than visiting the dealership. After a few days of watching the reminder appear each time my car was started, I called the local dealership and scheduled a service appointment.
When I purchased my car, I was told that the dealership provides BMW loaner cars when vehicles are brought in for regularly-scheduled service. With this in mind I asked for a BMW loaner, but was surprised to hear: Those are booked up for weeks. I overlooked this unfulfilled promise (disappointment No.1) and agreed to bring my car in the following day. The dealership service advisor asked me if there were any other concerns with the vehicle. I told him about some problems with a sticking rear sunshade, a windshield washer fluid warning light, and a noisy retracting mirror on the passenger side.
The next day, when I arrived at the dealership to drop off my car, a friendly advisor reviewed my concerns and accurately diagnosed the cause of the low fluid warning light. The last time I filled the washer fluid, I failed to replace the cap, which had triggered the warning light. One problem solved in less than five minutes (surprise and delight No.1). I left the car for service, jumped into a rented MINI, courtesy of the dealership, and headed off to work.
Later that day, I called the dealership to find out when my car would be finished, but was surprised to learn that they had not ......... ...............

for the rest of the article go to:
http://movabletype.jdpower.com//webl..._the_de_1.aspx

Stealth 10-08-2007 06:31 PM

RE: dealer services ...

ORIGINAL: stomper

share your stories about dealers, any car ...

by Dan Shapiro

[/align] Since I began working at J.D. Power and Associates, I've become more observant of how consumers (including myself) are treated when buying products and services. Recently, I patronized a local BMW dealership, and the experience and service staff interaction provided some good and bad examples of customer service. [/align]
As my vehicle odometer crested the 15,799-mile mark, a dashboard light appeared, reminding me to schedule my first oil change and service. Because the car is filled with synthetic oil from the factory, service intervals are considerably longer than for cars using conventional motor oil, which means I can spend more time enjoying my car rather than visiting the dealership. After a few days of watching the reminder appear each time my car was started, I called the local dealership and scheduled a service appointment.
When I purchased my car, I was told that the dealership provides BMW loaner cars when vehicles are brought in for regularly-scheduled service. With this in mind I asked for a BMW loaner, but was surprised to hear: Those are booked up for weeks. I overlooked this unfulfilled promise (disappointment No.1) and agreed to bring my car in the following day. The dealership service advisor asked me if there were any other concerns with the vehicle. I told him about some problems with a sticking rear sunshade, a windshield washer fluid warning light, and a noisy retracting mirror on the passenger side.
The next day, when I arrived at the dealership to drop off my car, a friendly advisor reviewed my concerns and accurately diagnosed the cause of the low fluid warning light. The last time I filled the washer fluid, I failed to replace the cap, which had triggered the warning light. One problem solved in less than five minutes (surprise and delight No.1). I left the car for service, jumped into a rented MINI, courtesy of the dealership, and headed off to work.
Later that day, I called the dealership to find out when my car would be finished, but was surprised to learn that they had not ......... ...............

for the rest of the article go to:
http://movabletype.jdpower.com//webl..._the_de_1.aspx

bump ...

G.A.R.Y. 10-08-2007 07:05 PM

I will not tell the whole story at this time, it was told on another site once, but I will never take my corvette back to a Chevy dealership for anything but warranty work. Lexus and BMW are kicking their ass when it comes to service.

Katzmans Caddy 10-08-2007 11:17 PM

The problem with dealers is that the service advsiors are only interested in staking and racking the orders because they get paid commission. A friend gives me first hand information on this because he is a factory zone rep. He also tells me that on extended factory warranties they are instructed to screw the customer for every dime and deny claims the second the cars goes 1 mile over the warranty period even though they know they'll never get that customer back. I won't say what company this is but it is commonly referred to with two lettersof the alphabet.