Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

CadillacForum vs CadillacForums?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 11:16 PM
Default CadillacForum vs CadillacForums?

Who is the real one? I followed a web search link and ended up the plural version, and couldn't log in, whisky tango foxtrot? I thought I'd been deleted for inactivity, so got into the other version, they call it CadillacOwners.com, but have an actual URL of https://www.cadillacforums.com/

Old 04-01-2020, 02:57 PM
Default Oh,That "other" forum

So, the story goes, that "other" forum has been around for many years, BUT it was bought out by a group of Canadian buyers. Not that I have anything against Canadians, mind you. They make awesome beer, among other things.
I've belonged to that forum since the early 2000's, but had been away for several years. I was around when the founder "Sal" was still in charge. It was a different place then. Much friendlier and just a more user-friendly atmosphere.
Now, it just feels more edgy or something. Can't really put my finger on it. It's as if all of the members there are in some state of denial that Cadillac's are these wonderful, perfect vehicles with no issues. Yah, not so much.
I like this forum MUCH better. Might not get as much traffic, but I feel like the members are much more down to earth and realistic.

Old 04-05-2020, 09:23 PM

I am exactly the same as you, I belonged to the club for many years, faded away from it and have recently come back, There is definitley
a change in the "atmosphere"; none of the "good old boys" around anymore, I feel the knowledge factor has gone way down. but then I was
into the older caddies, so maybe I'm the one that is behind the times.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:51 AM

It's definitely a different crowd over there. I know what you mean about the knowledge base. But I deal with the older and newer Cadillac's as well. It just seems like there are more snobs or something on the other forum.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Cadillac. But I hate how Cadillac does a poor job of designing things and rushes it to market, then we have to pay for their sins with their failures. I got in to some argument with an engineer on that site who tried to tell me that the NorthStar debacle was not a failure. Seriously? That was probably the single most largest event in Cadillac history to erode the brand ever. But he was basing his opinion on the fact that they sold millions of those engines. Great! How many did they have to repair or replace? And how many customers did the lose over that? I could go on, but no one on that forum wants to hear about or discuss the problems or failures of these cars. And isn't that what these forums are about? Not just bitch about the problems, but discuss them and talk about the fixes. That's what I got frustrated with. All I ever got was, "Well, what do you expect? It's a more sophisticated vehicle. It will cost more to repair." Bullcrap. That is not an excuse for a vehicle to become less reliable. If anything, they should be built better than your average econo-box.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:43 PM

I'm an older guy, have owned quite a few cadillacs from 1954 to 2014, I presently own a very nice 1991 brougham as my collector car, in the past 3 years I also belonged to monte carlo and corvette forums, the atmosphere is the same with those, things change, I went through the over rated northstar experience myself with a 97 seville,the whole car was a
nightmare, mostly electronic and security bugs, also have owned 3-4.9 liter cars, great engine, almost bullet proof,
I sold my 92 eldorado about 2 years ago with over 200,000 miles on it and I still see it around.

Old 10-08-2023, 12:17 PM

Hi scruffy. New to the forum and a new owner of a 1999 El Dorado. I take it the Seville wasn't exceptional but in your opinion is it worth putting money into an El Dorado? Also, funny enough I'll be visiting Vancouver for the first time in November. Any recommendations of sites to see?