Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New Member, New Caddy

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Default New Member, New Caddy

I recently picked up a 2011, DTS Platinum with 20K miles. Two tone: Red top, grey bottom. I'm nearly 70 years older than it.
It is hands down the most beautiful car I have ever owned. I don't have a garage but keep it covered. I'll post a photo if I can figure out how to do that.

With such low mileage, the paint, leather and mechanicals are perfect. What's not perfect is me. I can't figure out a few of the bells and whistles. For instance:

1. When I press the remote to lock it, the seat moves way forward. And stays way forward when I unlock it. If I hit the seat memory button, it moves back. And it moves way back when I turn it off and open the door. Which is much appreciated. How can I keep the seat back when I exit and lock it?

2. I drove it for the first time today in the dark. About an hour before sunrise. When I fired it up, the dome lights, floor lights and threshold lights all came on and would not turn off (which they eventually did automatically) until after sunrise! Is that some computer setting?

3. It seems that if I want the navigation, I have to have the radio on too. If I turn the radio off (the button inside the volume ****?), the screen goes to black. At the moment, if I want navigation, i just turn down the volume until there is no radio sound. Is that just the way it is?

4. The remote start only works when it wants to. Is that fairly typical?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:17 AM

How do I begin anew thread???