Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New(est) member

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Default New(est) member

Wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'm Mike and have just got my second Caddy. The first was a 74 DeVille WAY BACK in 1985. Anyway, now that you know I am on the older side, my recent purchase was a very used (but still very useful) 95 SLS. It has 139k and still runs strong. Have gone through and fixed all little problems (the list was kind of short) I can find so far (except for the stereo issues). The car is all factory with the exception of a very cheap aftermarket stereo that was butchered upon installation. The wiring on that was a nightmare to say the least. I have it working, but not very happy with the results. Will work on getting MUCH better tunes in near future. For those of you wondering, I am 45 years old (NOT 45 years young.. I agree with the late George Carlin, that is such a lame saying!). I live in Clarksville, TN (NW of Nashville) and work as a Civilian Contractor for the US Army on Ft. Campbell, KY. I am a retired soldier (21 years of service). Two tours in Iraq before I hung up the boots, last of which got me to retire (kind of against my will, injury). I support those who serve no matter what their branch. Anyway, as you can tell I sometimes ramble on. Bear with me as I do not use cute little text abreviations. I say exactly what I mean (and mean what I say). I do not like flaming of any type and do not like those who would say by computer what they would never say in person. Glad to be here and hope to someday meet in person with some of you. I have had great experiences this way on other forums that I used to be part of (old car forums that I used to belong to with previous rides).

Mike

Old 01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: New(est) member

Welcome

Old 01-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Don't see any flaming on this site, if we do there are consequences, otherwise almost anything goes.
Welcome to the site and good luck with your new sls.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

you be surprised how many vets are lurking around this site.

and heck, at 45, you could be Gary s kid ...
and your 95 SLS with 139k miles, is hardly broken in .. hope you fix the after market wires.

welcome ...

Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

And Stealth would be your older brother.